Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Simple, archer/crossbow build are OP...
I have one in my game and a friend as one in our 4 players game.... and so far, the goal is to put every points into warfare because it is more beneficial for a vow and crossbow user than put points into range and huntsman...because of the multiplier vs addition effect....

So i'm throwing this out there, shouldn't range weapon not gain bonuses from warfare?

Shouldn't? Don't see why not. Warfare is a skill designed to increase physical damage, and ranged weapons are physical. Can you not be a soldier or warrior with a ranged weapon?

But let's rephrase the question: Should weapon damage and weapon skills be rebalanced? Yeah. It is a little silly 10 points in warfare and 5 in ranged is on average stronger than the opposite. If they standardised the damage modifiers it'd be a little nicer.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
veteran
veteran
In my opinion, I think that Warfare should probably not be the One School to Rule All Physical Damage. It doesn't FEEL right that Warfare should be better than Ranged when using bows and crossbows. It doesn't FEEL right that Warfare should be better than Scoundrel at using Daggers. It doesn't FEEL right that Warfare should be better at boosting Necromancy skills than points into Necromancy itself.

OP Offline
Agree with Stabbey on this

While every magic spells are specific to their own skill tree
Warfare governs all physical just like a main attribute (STR-FIN-INT)

Even worse, your Archer who's suppose to be more fragile considering the high damage from distance can pick Picture of Health and now have plenty health...

Last edited by AngeliusMefyrx; 12/11/17 08:42 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard