Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Should the Glowing Eye socket in the cave under the house requires the Glowing Eye to continu.... right now you can easily do that by simply lock pick the lock...without having to go in the trouble of getting that glowing eye...

In the tavern second floor, there is a magic lock on the chest and a small quest of having to figure out the password....well no need for that....you can just lock pick it even though it has some magical protection...
(which renders my quest undoable so it is stuck in my quest list)

Shouldn't we be able to kill Garwan by offering him a poisoned stew? instead of having to make a tainted one and what comes next

I'm all for lock picking stuff but sometime I think it should just not be allowed for specific and obvious reason...

I also have the Driftwood quest stuck in my quest list as I did put down Murga before the Voidwoken.... there for it seem stuck....

Last edited by AngeliusMefyrx; 12/11/17 08:21 PM.
J
apprentice
apprentice
J
I, for one, appreciate that there are several ways to accomplish your objectives, from subtlety to brute force.

old hand
old hand
From time to time I did get the feeling lockpicking was a bit too powerful. And the skull with the glowing eyes was one of those instances. Felt a bit unexcited when I realized I could lockpick it.

On the other hand, you could argue that sometimes "lockpicking" is just a symbolic way of saying that your character finds a way to overcome the lock by some sort of clever trick. Like, finding a round object with roughly the same size to replace the gem in the skull. That sort of thing. And it can certainly involves magic, like in the case of the chest on the 2nd floor of the inn. It can simply mean you know enough about magic to counter the magic on the lock (How, you ask? No idea). It's just a matter of how you look at it, really.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard