Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ekkyo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi Everyone,

I am level 17, at the nameless island. I do not spend money and save it to be able to buy my Divine stuff (minimum level 18) for my 4 characters. I would like to know when (level?) and where can I buy this stuff ? I know the game is level scaling stuff. But having been disappointed in the first divinity to not be able to enjoy my final stuff. When is the right time to buy it? Who are the characters who sell the best equipment at the end of the game? Is it a good level 18 to be able to invest?

Thanks a lot.

old hand
old hand
I don't recall when I started to get Divine equipment, but my party got a bunch of them even before getting to the Nameless Isle, at the end of level 17.

In this game, the "right time" to buy equipment would be as soon as you hit a new level. If you play on Tactician anyway. It's probably not that urgent on Classic.

But anyway, you can get A LOT of gold on the Nameless Isle, so don't worry too much about it. I went from ~8k when I first got to the Nameless Isle, to ~198k when I left. And that was without any sort of exploits whatsoever. Just go ahead and buy whatever you need.

Once you get to Arx, the main weapon/armor traders would be Tarquin, Almira, and the few around the market area. Rings/amulets are also sold by a bunch other odd traders scattered around the city. And that's it.

The real question here is not "who sells the best stuff", but "who sells WHAT kinds of stuff". Because they always sell stuff at your level. Pretty obvious.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
Ekkyo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for your answer.

Originally Posted by Try2Handing
Once you get to Arx, the main weapon/armor traders would be Tarquin, Almira, and the few around the market area. Rings/amulets are also sold by a bunch other odd traders scattered around the city. And that's it.

So it is useless, according to you, to spend money before Arx island ? So, I come back to what I said, it is really a shame to get the best stuff in the very last moments of the game. You can not fully enjoy your stuff.

Originally Posted by Try2Handing
The real question here is not "who sells the best stuff", but "who sells WHAT kinds of stuff". Because they always sell stuff at your level. Pretty obvious.

My main is a Rogue, then Warfare Two-Handed DPS (Beast), Archer (Ifan) and Necromancer/Invoc (Lohse).

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Ekkyo
So it is useless, according to you, to spend money before Arx island ? So, I come back to what I said, it is really a shame to get the best stuff in the very last moments of the game. You can not fully enjoy your stuff.

The thing is, the moment you level up, all shops sell new items at your current level, rendering your old equipment outdated. This becomes more detrimental on higher difficulties. Whether it is useless to spend money to buy new equipment or not, depends on whether you think your current equipment can still keep up with the progress of enemy level. If everywhere you go you see enemies 4-5 levels above the levels of your equipment, and you have trouble beating them, then you should shop for new stuff, and that doesn't make your shopping "useless".

But clearly a lot of the "best stuff" will be found near endgame, because of the way item scaling works. Except for some old items you keep because of their useful effects.

You can find physical weapons from Tarquin, a general trader in the market, a dwarf woman near the market who also sells Warfare skillbooks. There's a woman in the market who exclusively sells Hunstman skillbooks, bows/crossbows, and arrows. The spellbook traders are around the area too.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
Ekkyo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks dude !!

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard