S
stao Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hi Guys
just want to tell my feeling about the Game and the Soundtrack:

First of all i am totally in Love with the Soundtrack of the First Original Sin. There are countless memorable Tracks i still listen to regularly.
Just want to mention a few:
  • Mysterious Guest (my absolute favourite. Im moved to tears listening to it)
  • Dance Of Death
  • Guardians of Light
  • Aleroth Healers House
  • The Lady, The Mage and The Knight
  • Mirror of Truth
  • Forest of Fairytales
  • Tides of Battle

and many more.

Sadly its not the same in Original Sin 2 for me.
I almost finished the second Act and there was not even a single memorable Song for me. It just feels generic overall.

Thinking about how amazing the Soundtrack in the First Game was, makes me sad somehow not having similar feelings playing the second game.

(I remember standing around in the homestead just to hear mysterious guest again)

Im pretty sure the Music Guys did an amazing job and i dont want to blackguard their work. Maybe its just not my taste.

Overall Original Sin2 is an amazing game i love playing.

I just opened this thread to tell you guys my feelings and see if someone feels the same.

Bye Bye and Good night

Last edited by vometia; 18/11/17 03:00 AM. Reason: formatting
OS1 had whacky music that sometimes fit and sometimes didn't, I enjoyed it. OS2 has beautifully composed pieces with crescendos like crashing waves, i also enjoyed these. I think this is fine.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
Yeah. In sequel music is far less catchy. I like main theme and two tracks that sat down in my head and i sometimes catch myself on mumbling them - Amber_ale and Tavern_fight. Other tracks various from generic to wtf_so_bad. Combat music is the worse part of soundtrack.

stranger
stranger
I'm not sure if you're aware, though the composer of OS1 (and every other Divinity game before that) passed away in 2015. That's why the music is different.

Other than that, I agree that Borislav's music is... just incomparable to Kirill's. It's not bad, no doubt, but it just oozes a kind of generic vibe. It gives me the feeling of familiarity that I don't exactly appreciate in this aspect, like something you've seen or - in this case - heard far too often.

I've admired Kirill's work since I was a naïve teenager, and since then he has been an incredible source of inspiration for me. I'm still hurting, I must admit, knowing that he won't be there to share his unique sound with us anymore.

Last edited by Lindworm; 01/12/17 06:16 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard