Next Thread
Print Thread
N
NilsJ Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
I have 2 problems with crafting. First is that I have found next to no crafting recipes for armor, weapons that are of use past Act 1, and none at all for kombi-skillbooks. The other is the massive amount of crafting materials that I am unlikely to ever use, but hang onto just in case.

What I suggest is that some quests give recipes as rewards and that more armor/weapon/kombi-skillbook recipes can be found on bookshelves, carved in stone tablets or some such. I get that you are supposed to try out different material combinations to by chance find something that works, but I find no joy in such a tedious task and even with more recipes those that would rather try out can still do that. Another thing could be, if we could deconstruct armor and weapons and in this way somehow learn how to make parts for other armors and weapons. Like if a piece of plate armor has a lot of constitution, you learn how to apply that to other armors by deconstructing it or learn to make armor that has a number of slots, which allow certain ways of combining different stats and abilites with the armor.

I really like the game, but have almost entirely ignored crafting outside of healing potions, arrows and spellbooks and that sucks.

veteran
veteran
I think I stopped finding crafting guides after Act 1 and started wondering if I was missing something. There are a billion and one crafting materials, which means that finding any SPECIFIC crafting material is a near-hopeless task.

Some ingredients basically don't even exist at all. For instance you need Crab Claws to make a Peace of Mind Scroll. There are exactly TWO (2) crabs in the entire game, Han can't fetch them, and I've never seen them in loot.

In the late game I started deciding that I wanted to craft my own Fortify and Restoration and Frost Armor scrolls, but even after 4 acts of hoarding almost everything I saw, I could only make a couple scrolls.

ignoring crafting too. Just because i feel no need in it - no profitable crafting for armor/weapon, no need in scrolls/potions(exept converting healing potions into greater ones)/grenades(they suck with no adequate scaling)/arrows(there tons of it as loot and they are cheap in shops)
But yeah... carying all materials for just in case.

If there's ever going to be a content patch, one dedicated to crafting would be high on my priority list.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Also I found that some recipes are impossible to complete if you haven't bought lower level ingredients. For example, I tried to make an Apportation skill book, just to find out that the High Tier Air Skillbook doesn't work, only the normal one would, but that one cannot be found after a certain character level.

But manly, crafting is uninteresting to me because the ingredients often cost more than the product. I expect to get a discount for my extra effort and not get hornswoggled.

E
E
Agreed. The same happened to me while doing the "Treated like cattle" quest. I needed an augmentor and all I had was High quality augmentors. It baffles me to see why regular and high-quality aren't interchangeable.

Crab Claws is a rare on some random people (the one that you can talk to and buy item but not "vendor" as they hold at most 3-5 items)....vendor rotates items every hours and uses a 3 wheels system to determine the vendor items....

1 wheel rotates when you load the items from a vendor,....it will select a set of items for that vendor on the wheel. Each vendor has their own item list on the wheel but the wheel is the same for every vendor....so you can manage to enforce an item change by loading before you speak to that vendor. You load items from another vendor before speaking to that vendor... it will force the next item on the list for that vendor. There is about 5 possible set of items for a vendor.

1 wheel rotates the items list on the previous wheel. Vendor have about 3 possible list of set of items and they will rotate every 1 hour of gameplay, meaning you can leave your game running and come back later

1 wheel rotates the stats of the items that you see. Every time you load the items (legendary etc) from a vendor it rotates the wheel for the stats. Items have about 30 possible stats. If you load your game back before talking to the vendor and knowing he's about to show you a INT Boots, then talking to him again, he will show you the INT boots with the next stats on the wheel

Last edited by AngeliusMefyrx; 22/11/17 02:09 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Crafting in Original Sin 1 was sooooo much better. I loved buffing up my crafting to craft things out of pretty much everything I could find under the sun. Now you can't even craft blank skillbooks, upgrade armor, hell you can't even make any amulets. What happened to the crafting system I knew and loved? Come on, Larian. Give us back that beautiful crafting system full of crazy items.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard