Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
I have been using the Larian guide to create a custom origin, but I cannot get the visual preset of the character on the character creation screen to default to the visual preset of the character I created in the editor. Whenever I start a new game my character's appearance changes. He does not have the tags I added to him, either. (No tags actually display on the character creation screen for my custom character.)

I used the Humans_Hero_Male root template and created a character from it at Fort Joy. Have I made a mistake in my process? Why won't my custom appearance load?

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I'm having the same issue. Can anyone help us? I've already managed to create a working origin, assigned it its custom Origin_Vril skillset and its description, but once the game starts all the customization I made is gone. This is a standalone mod btw.

addict
addict
@Melgrimm
Remember that the visual set in the character creation screen depends on the "PreviewEquipmentSet" attribute in the Origin preset file. This name corresponds to the Equipment entry in the Stats Editor. Beast for example has his OriginPreset file "Beast.lsx" with "PreviewEquipmentSet = Origin_Beast", where "Origin_Beast" is an entry in the Stats Editor under 'Shared > Equipment'. It does not take this from the root template.

If you want the tags of the template, make sure "UserCanAlterTags" is set to 0.

@BaltasarNecros
That seems to be a different issue since your character creation works, but it gets reset afterwards. Are you using the existing character creation level and the scripts provided on the wiki? What does your character reset to? A male human?

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
I appreciate the response, but I am still having trouble, especially with being able to choose my own tags. It never shows that I have available tags to choose even when "UserCanAlterTags" is set to "1". I will look at the template I created of the character in the editor to see if there may be something wrong there. I also need to probably unpack the OriginPreset files instead of just trying to add my own.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Yes, I'm getting a male human. I've noticed that the tags "Male" and "Human" appear, and there is no description on them. I was checking the origins file and I noticed that there is a "Player set tags" set to false there, and then there is a "22". I'm trying to create a male dwarf, which I can do by the way, but the moment the game starts, I get the generic dummy, with the name and skills I assigned (and even the portrait, talents, stats, etc) but not the model I had chosen.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard