Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hi everyone. I'm very new to the Engine, so I've got a bunch of questions which I didn't find answered while exploring the forum.

So, what I wanna do is basically this: say, I want to make a wearable item (already existing in the game, the unique one) have the skill, which triggers randomly during a battle without the player's will.
And the type of skill is dependent on who is wearing the item (i.e different skills for human, elf, lizard, etc).

Is that even possible? I'm familiar with scripting, so that's not an issue.

Also (this one is really dumb) I can't find that unique item I wanna work with, in the Root Template Manager. Am I doing something wrong?

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Hi Malkavian,

- trigger every turn
-> not sure, maybe you can have an (invisible?) status effect and do something when it ticks; if it shouldn't happen every round, just add another condition

- event dependent on race
-> you should be able to check race and choose your effect

- cannot find unique item
-> Unique items are not stored in shared. You will need to enable story when you create your mod. (Tell me if you don't find the option.)

I hope someone else can give you more inside with the first 2 questions smile

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thanx, [b]Fumihiko[/b]!
I did enable a story mode when I was creating my project, but the item is nowhere to be found. It would be super cool if you could give me a direction to dig for my item (nah. whatever - it's the Braccus Cursed Ring) or maybe a link to a tutorial for this type of modes.

L
L
The reason you can't find the Cursed Ring of Braccus Rex in the root template manager is that it's a local object, an instance of the root template LOOT_Gold_Ring_A fa4c97b6-4543-4346-a132-ccb8d82f23cc, placed in the Fort Joy level.

As an alternative to Fumihiko's reaction, there are OnTurn and ObjectTurnStarted events in behaviourscript and Story, respectively, to which you can react.

Link Copied to Clipboard