Next Thread
Print Thread
L
lx07 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
L
I want to pick up deathfog barrels at the start but I simply can't. I have tried hundreds (well dozens) of times with no luck - the script just destroys them before I come close.

I've tried haste, putting all points into strength and telekenisis but whenever I unlock the door they are destroyed before I can pick up one let alone 3. I even tried reducing resolution in case (and this is improbable) I could then run faster.

I saw on YT someone doing a speedrun jumping through the wall by shuffling barrels but that doesn't work for me. The game just stubbornly seems to work correctly. Perhaps the jumping through walls is fake - idk.

Is it actually possible to pick up a deathfog barrel in the tutorial or is there just a massive global conspiracy of DOS 2 non-players to make me (personally) waste hours and hours in the tutorial when in actual fact it is impossible?

I'm outside the deathfog room door now (yet again) as an undead elf with 16 strength, 1 point in Telekenisis and the key.

Any tips or should I just give up?

I respect your dedication and I encourage you to try again. I'd suggest working on the barrel shuffling angle, or look for a speedrunner community with some other answers.

That said I think you owning a barrel will be an underwhelming experience, as many enemies are immune.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
I have picked up barrels several times and can assure you it works.
In my Honour mode no reload run I only got 1 because I forgot you have to click on the further away one first, but you only need 16 ST to pick up 2 I've done it on reload runs before, Telekinesis and Haste are only needed if you want all 3.

Here's footage on my semi failed attempt, maybe somebody not doing it perfectly and still getting one barrel helps you more than a speedrunner doing it:

https://youtu.be/U5iJbOOzumQ?t=1704

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard