Hi, Larian team,
I have an issue (looks like a bug to me) in Divinity Engine related to Story Scripting.
I am trying to create a new mod (add-on for Story and GM) which is all about some new skills. It also has a test level I use for trying out my skills.
Problem is that as soon as try to use story scripting - my mod starts to disbehave like mad.
Issue description goes belowPreconditions:
- Add-on story+gm mod that consist of a new test level and some Stats changes (new skills and statuses).
- Story editor has not been even open a single time yet: "game data" folder of a project does not have a "Story" folder yet
- I have my test level open in Engine
- My test level has several neutral NPCs, which react aggressively (start combat and attack me) if I attack themHere's what I do and what happens:
1. I open Story Editor
2. I generate definitions
3. I close Story Editor
4. I "reload level and story" action from within EngineUnexpected behavior 1:
When I "play" my level - my characters are added on stage with a "teleported" visual effect
Error log starts spamming like mad following:
5. I open Story Editor and do "Rebuild and Reload"
6. I close Story Editor
7. I "reload level and story" action from within EngineUnexpected behavior 2:
Once level reload is complete I no longer see all my 5 characters (there were 5 by default when I created level) in Editor - instead I see just one of them (main character marked with "crown"). Once I "play the level" the rest 4 characters are added to stage with a "teleported" visual effectUnexpected behavior 3:
NPCs I have on a level stop reacting to aggression and act like rag dolls - they just stand there under my blows until they die with no reactions or combat initiated.
Error log starts spamming even more and now it says following:Solutions tried to fix the issue, which did not help:
- restart engine and/or computer
- check integrity of files
- reinstall game (while deleting all config files) and engineSolution which helps to revert the issue:
- delete "Story" folder from "game data" folder of a project. This solutions reverts mod behavior back to normal but obviously restricts me from adding any Story ScriptsTechnical details:
- Steam version (erikem007)
- Game + DLC (Engine data) +Engine installed
Please help me with this issue because it restricts me from using Story Scripting, which I desperately need for my mod.