Print Thread
H
helaene Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Hello!

I see that my issue is listed in the known issues thread, but it says to 'let you know' if we experience it.

I've been experiencing this problem on and off (mostly on) for the past few days. My Steam account is 'helaene' same as here in the forums. If there is anything I can do to resolve it, please let me know as I have patient and lovely beta testers waiting. wink

This is how it goes: I open the editor, open any of my mods, go to the Publish menu and have only the 'Publish Locally' option available. All Steam options, public and private, are greyed out / disabled.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwc94i43amf70pe/no-publish-for-you.png

Steps I've taken already, to no avail:
* ensured Steam, Divinity Engine and Divinity game are all up-to-date
* tried publishing with Steam open (long open, and recently opened) and closed
* restarted my computer
* checked firewall settings and network troubleshooting
* tried publishing each of my different mods (not exclusive to one, which would tell me its a bug with *my* code!)
* tried many different times of day with different other applications running on my computer
* disabled other network-related applications such as iTunes, Dropbox, Origin, etc
* bumping the version numbers of my mods (unnecessarily) in settings
* running the application 'as administrator' and from the console
* publishing locally

Screenshot of the Message Log when opening the editor (and a mod):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9nstc8u1j8ttyh/message-log.png?dl=0

I don't get any errors in the Message Log when I actually open the Publish window or click the 'Publish' button.

In general, I've been loving working on these class mods, but I'm worried I'll lose many hours of work with my two new mods in progress if I try to outright reinstall the engine.

Thank you very much!

Hi helaene,

The publish to steam workshop option is only disabled when the editor fails to connect to steam on startup. When you are using the editor, does steam indicate that you are currently running the Divinity Engine 2, and does the steam overlay (shift+tab) work? Make sure you launch the editor from steam.

H
helaene Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Thank you Larian_JB. Publishing is magically working again for me this morning thankfully. Typically I was opening it from my desktop but through a Steam-generated link (steam://rungameid/664400) but I'll change that up per your suggestion. Opening Steam Overlay seems buggy (the editor froze for me) but it did finally open as I quit the app. Good to know that the connection is on startup.

Thanks!

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard