Print Thread
#639247 20/12/17 03:15 AM
W
WMC51 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
W
I am trying to find out how we make a dungeon more exciting.

I don't want to talk about anything that requires the editor as far a scripts and triggers. I only want to look at what we can do inside GM mode or possible mods that could be made to plug in anywhere.

Issue: players scrolling all over and seeing where to go and what enemies there are.

Main issue: no fog of war.

Possible solutions

1. Deactivate encounters. This is a lot more work for the GM and doesn't solve players being able to scroll around the dungeon.

2. Cover the whole dungeon in smoke and clear it as the players progress as a manual FOW. Again lots more work for the GM. Actually I tried this while typing and it only works a little.

3. Add FOW: Waiting on you Larian.
4. Camera lock: Don't know if a modder could add this to keep players from scrolling around or at least limit it
5. First person view: Not sure this is even possible but could be an interesting dynamic.

What am I missing? How else can you keep players from scrolling around to see everythign and plan ahead?

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by WMC51

2. Cover the whole dungeon in smoke and clear it as the players progress as a manual FOW. Again lots more work for the GM. Actually I tried this while typing and it only works a little.

Does this hide enemies on minimap? or hide them when they scroll?

W
WMC51 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
W
Only helps hide them when scrolling if you habe a dark environment set and no lighting around them.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard