Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I was wondering if larian has a roadmap of modding-related developments for the next year. Modding-wise, audio is still locked down, for example. And the success of DOS2 makes me hope that, thanks to the resources, you will reconsider and open up parts of the engine which you previously excluded (see: talents).

M
M
I'd like to see that too.

journeyman
journeyman
Talents, surfaces, damage types, maybe even make Shackles of Pain/Decaying Touch/Blind not so hardcoded, extend the scripting engine, allow additions to Base.charScript and other script files without having to completely override it so as to enable compatibility between mods, etc., etc. would all be amazing additions to modders.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
It would be nice to get a roadmap like investors would since this was a kickstarted hame but I habe seen them post that they will not discuss features in development.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by BlueFeuer
Talents, surfaces, damage types, maybe even make Shackles of Pain/Decaying Touch/Blind not so hardcoded, extend the scripting engine, allow additions to Base.charScript and other script files without having to completely override it so as to enable compatibility between mods, etc., etc. would all be amazing additions to modders.

Please don't make me cry. No matter how many people speak about this, sometimes I think our words fall on deaf ears.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
2018 came. Any update on this?

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
There was an answer in my topic with similar question but it's not helpful:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=640781#Post640781

veteran
OP Offline