Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#639514 24/12/17 10:36 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Howdy. In the process of building my first campaign in GM mode and working through some of the first-time hiccups.

One issue that I just hit (and a big one for my campaign)... I don't see any templates for the undead versions of the other 4 races. I see I can give a "living" dwarf/lizard/elf/human the Talent undead, but that doesn't affect their appearance.

For civilians, there are clearly no undead races. For archetypes, I do see a lich and a Dark Knight that I suppose can be used, but these are not the undead models from the main game.

Am I missing something, or is this just a limitation right now?

Thanks in advance.

-Quantumbuc

-Quantumbuc
"Let the pigeons loose!"
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
I know I have undead npc's but maybe that's from jravens toolkits since I don't leave home without them.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Allow me to reply to my own post with a resounding "Duh". I did look at the Undead tab before posting, but I did not think to expand every sub-tab. I see now a "Skeleton" sub-tab that has all the racial skeletons.

So, thus ends my epic first post to DOS2 - GM. I promise I was MUCH less dense on the SCL GM board!

See you in the funny pages...

-Quantumbuc
"Let the pigeons loose!"

-Quantumbuc
"Let the pigeons loose!"
Hehe, dont worry about stupid questions, so much info, so much to learn wink. We have all been there I think. For me I often use HOURS to figure something out and then I post and often 1 minute after I find the solution. I have tons of posts like that laugh.

journeyman
journeyman
I'm glad you asked that question.

Here is a follow-on: is there a way to generate Fane's mask of the shapeshifter in GM mode? I want to create an ambush for my party that involves a character suddenly revealing his true self as undead.

Personally I would "fix" that by adding two characters, one (the undead one) would just be deactivated and therefore invisible. When he reveals he is an undead I would pause, deactivate the one that turns into and undead and activate the undead one, and start the time again.

Maybe some of the mods, like the jravens toolkits have this added, but as I dont use any yet, I don't know. So that is how I figure I would do it.

journeyman
journeyman
Ya, that's my fall back solution. But I want to involve one of the players in a "conspiracy", and have that player reveal his character's "true self" as an undead for the final fight.

I could create an undead NPC version of the player character, and activate the NPC and delete the player char. But that wouldn't be much fun for the player.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard