Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Howdy... running my first test campaign today so we can figure out how it works in practice before doing the big campaign.

When playing GM mode, to trade with NPCs, do players have to right click to interact and not left click like in the main game?

And... if that's the case, does that limit the ability of someone to play with a controller? I have one player using a controller, and he has no option to interact or trade with NPCs.

Guidance appreciated.

Last edited by Quantumbuc; 27/12/17 03:32 PM.

-Quantumbuc
"Let the pigeons loose!"
Hello!
Are you sure NPC was made trader by GM?
I checked and i can see "Trade" in context menu:
https://gyazo.com/aaf36a42d0c2c8dcbd60fc059c6c96db

Rocks fall, everyone dies
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The NPCs are definitely traders. I am assuming you got that screenshot by right clicking on NPC? That works fine in my game. I had assumed that NPCs that were traders could be interacted with using left click.

As far as playing with keyboard and mouse, it's no big deal. The issue is with players using controllers. They are telling me that they cannot interact with NPCs who are set as traders. Highlighting the NPC does not give them a context menu like they get for objects. There is no option to trade. That's what prompted my left-click vs. right-click question. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I did or a corruption in my game.

I am wondering if GM mode does not fully support controllers...

Last edited by Quantumbuc; 27/12/17 03:32 PM.

-Quantumbuc
"Let the pigeons loose!"
That was screenshot from controller version. Are you sure they call context menu?

Rocks fall, everyone dies
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'll try it with him again this weekend on a fresh GM setting to see if maybe something was just wrong with the creation phase...

Thanks for confirming it should work.

-Quantumbuc
"Let the pigeons loose!"

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard