Next Thread
Print Thread
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
no any further update?

Future plans about what specifically? Your question is very vague.

addict
addict
For now I'd say they're gathering as much feedback as possible and improve the game as much as they can as new patches are rolled out.

There are major problems with the game - crafting, talents, stat bloat, etc. - which will require major overhauls in order to satisfy players, if the devs *do* decide to make such changes. I don't expect these changes to be included in one of these usual updates. These will most likely be saved for an enhanced version of the game, which will probably come out in a year or so.

I have the feeling they released the game when it was in the best shape possible, while knowing there were still a lot of things to work on, and have been planning on an enhanced version all along, which will contain all major changes. If this is true, then I expect it will be vastly different from what we have right now.

PS: As far as a sequel goes, I certainly hope there will be one. There are still many, many things that can be implemented to create even a better game using the "Original Sin" formula. Once they come up with a good story line, there shouldn't be anything to stop them.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 04/01/18 04:32 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I must admit I'm still hoping for a Divinity 3: as much as I've enjoyed the Original Sins, I'd love to see the main Divinity series make a comeback. By which I admit I mostly mean Broken Valley Remade.

Also artisan cheese.

J'aime le fromage.
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Try2Handing
For now I'd say they're gathering as much feedback as possible and improve the game as much as they can as new patches are rolled out.

There are major problems with the game - crafting, talents, stat bloat, etc. - which will require major overhauls in order to satisfy players, if the devs *do* decide to make such changes. I don't expect these changes to be included in one of these usual updates. These will most likely be saved for an enhanced version of the game, which will probably come out in a year or so.

I have the feeling they released the game when it was in the best shape possible, while knowing there were still a lot of things to work on, and have been planning on an enhanced version all along, which will contain all major changes. If this is true, then I expect it will be vastly different from what we have right now.

PS: As far as a sequel goes, I certainly hope there will be one. There are still many, many things that can be implemented to create even a better game using the "Original Sin" formula. Once they come up with a good story line, there shouldn't be anything to stop them.

The formula of happily accepting the money, releasing a broken, half made game, and then fixing it with a Enhanced Edition was acceptable for the first Original Sin, mostly because it was aimed at a niche audience of gamers and it delivered an amazing product even in its first incarnation, regardless of the imbalance and senseless story. EE was simply a masterpiece.
Now they are swimming in the "big indie" waters, selling million of copies around the world. The amount of bugs and mistakes in DOS2 are, to me, unacceptable, not to mention their constant silence in their very own forums.

I am very dissapointed with Larian this time - well, more like *fucking angry* but I'm trying to keep it civil. :P

Last edited by BowieFunes; 04/01/18 06:51 PM.
veteran
veteran
The sad thing is, reviewer still call it a great game and I have no fucking clue why. It is decent as best, similar to Andromeda.

addict
addict
The deeper and more complicated you want your game to be, the more bugs you're going to get. There's no two ways about it. A game with more linear story progression, fewer branches along the way, more straight forward mechanics, are expected to have fewer bugs and such. The devs can be creative and ambitious, but they're still people. There will be bugs, there will be oversights. Personally, I appreciate the fact that they try.

Take Skyrim for example. What about the amount of bugs and crazy and bizarre stuff that happen in that game? And what kind of budget was it built on? Did it work? We could say "but it's TES game", so why can't we say "but it's a D:OS game"? My point is, whether it "works" or not is tied to the nature of the game, and will be proved by time. Whether we think it works or not personally doesn't really matter.

And the fact that the game received high praises despite it being a "broken, half made" game proves there is something special about it. That is a pretty neat feat Larian were able to pull off, if you ask me. To be fair, a lot of the "problems" come from combat mechanics and only really show up when you dig deep and go all hardcore tactical about it and start looking at all the numbers and equations. On a more basic level, and on standard difficulty, the game does a solid job.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 04/01/18 10:20 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
I still don't know what plans the OP was asking about exactly, but I'm guessing he wasn't interested in reading about current bugs in this game, or how bad it's perceived (which isn't true to begin with). I wish people could focus better.

J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by 123xzcs
I still don't know what plans the OP was asking about exactly, but I'm guessing he wasn't interested in reading about current bugs in this game, or how bad it's perceived (which isn't true to begin with). I wish people could focus better.

DLC plan / More skill categories plan / any official plan to make this game better for play.

Moderated by  Elwyn, gbnf, Larian_Koala 

Link Copied to Clipboard