Print Thread
#640942 19/01/18 10:51 AM
A
ancelor Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Playing as a human encourage feels a bit underwhelming.
Should it scale better towards endgame?
any mods that enhance it would be great for me too smile

veteran
veteran
I'm suggesting since EA that all those flat bonus buff should instead be percentage base, because otherwise they will just get worthless in the mid and endgame, because your stats are all ready that high then.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Encourage has it's uses even when it seems pointless at the surface. But I've found after act 1 it's more of a utility than a combat choice, but still very useful. It allows characters to equip equipment that they normally wouldn't without having to invest another point into the attribute requriements.

ie.. Gloves with thievery on them that require 1 point more in str than your toon has. Pop encouragement, equip the gloves, pick the lock/steal/whatever. Can also be useful to pass skill checks in dialogs. Not enough str? Suppose you need to pass a str check... Popping encouragement gives you another point in str, which may or may not help. But pop encouragement to equip an item (when you normally couldn't) that has a bonus to str itself, then Encouragement and the item's bonus stack.

Granted that as a combat skill it seems undewhelming compared to other race's special skills. But the other race's special skills don't have utility outside of combat.

:shrug: take it as you will.

Last edited by DenverRalphy; 20/01/18 07:48 PM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
it just doesn't scale meaningfully throughout the game and by the mid 2nd act it's barely worth even using 1ap for when other skills are on cooldown, you're better off saving the ap

maybe make the area smaller to compensate

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
It does scale a bit: CON by +1 every 7 levels and the others +1 at level 14 so by level 21 you have +2 FIN/INT/STR and +4 CON.

It is worth it as pre-buff though as it is 10% damage boost from level 14 (2 points) plus the extra constitution.

Is worth 1AP? Well if you have 4 characters each doing 10% extra damage for 3 turns then perhaps but I'm not sure I can't work that out. I think you get 108% return on your investment all things being equal (you spend 1AP to get 52AP of damage rather than 48) That would assume all characters only did damage and all did the same but it isn't terrible anyway - certainly after level 14.

Should it scale more? I don't know but I don't think so. If you got +4 to STR/INT/FIN everyone would be getting a 20% damage increase for 1AP which seems a bit much.

lx07 #641065 22/01/18 07:19 PM
journeyman
journeyman
You need to factor in that it is an additive 10%, not a multiplicative one. So if your characters have ~30 in their attribute at level 14 and cast this skill, it is an effective increase of 5% damage.

A
ancelor Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
maybe it should be a flat increase %. I don't know.
But anyway flavor wise it would be better for me if the scale was done flat for all attributes at 7 level rather than just con.
if you guys know a mod about this I'd appreciate it.
It bothers me more than it should be

A
ancelor Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
anyone knows how it scales now?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ancelor
anyone knows how it scales now?

Bonus Str/Fin/Int/Con per level:
Level 1 - 1/1/1/1
Level 7 - 1/1/1/2
Level 14 - 2/2/2/3
Level 21 - 2/2/2/4
Level 27 - 3/3/3/5

Level 1 - 1/1/1/1
Level 5 - 1/1/1/2
Level 7 - 2/2/2/2
Level 9 - 2/2/2/3
Level 14 - 3/3/3/4
Level 18 - 3/3/3/5
Level 21 - 4/4/4/5
Level 23 - 4/4/4/6
Level 27 - 5/5/5/7

Last edited by Darxim; 10/02/18 04:51 PM. Reason: Game files were bad. Reinstalled, seeing new numbers.
A
ancelor Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
well I'm level 7 and I'm getting a +2 to everything so it's better than that

enthusiast
enthusiast
well I'm level 7 and I'm getting a +2 to everything so it's better than that

What difficulty are you playing on?
Nevermind, I just went in on Explorer to see what it would be at level 7.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Darxim; 09/02/18 06:57 AM.
A
ancelor Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I'm playing Classic difficulty.
Could it affect it?
In any case +2 across all attributes is also matching what the patch notes mention anyway. I can provide a screenshot if you want

enthusiast
enthusiast

In any case +2 across all attributes is also matching what the patch notes mention anyway. I can provide a screenshot if you want

Please do, because if there's an inconsistency, there might be something wrong with my game somehow. I keep a shared spreadsheet of lots of info about the game, but it's all based on my game, so if my game's messed up, then there's probably some bad info in there, and I'd rather there not be.

Last edited by Darxim; 10/02/18 12:38 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I just uninstalled my game, deleted the remaining local files (except my save games, of course), and then reinstalled the game. Now I'm getting bonuses to Encouraged at earlier levels. I wonder what else was wrong in my game. -_-

I can only assume there's a problem with the way patching is done.

Edit: I updated my previous post with the new numbers.

A
ancelor Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
yep for what's the values I see too.

Strange that you had to go through all this to get it done

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard