Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I've been looking for a modify the stats given by combat attributes like Two-Handing or Dual wielding. Ex. give dual wielding crit dmg modifier or remove it from Two-Handing.

If someone can make a mod for me that would be great, But I'd be even better if you could somehow explain to me how its done and perhaps even make a video. Thanks

apprentice
apprentice
First of all - this task may appear pretty hard for new modder. There is no entry you could just change in editor to achieve that.
There are 2 ways I can imagine to tweak ability points, depending on your plans and needs.

Firts would be tweaking Stats->ExtraData->Data section in editor (will need to override entrys in your mod).
Will change that for the entire game and may cause some compability issues with other mods that tweak it.
A limited number of options.

Second (the most used) would be to create new invisible custom statuses for each point invested (like 20 new statuses for 1 atribute tree, just to be safe), and apply needed one with scripting, after checking CharacterAbility points for permanent duration.

You can add any bonuses to those new statuses, both possitive (to add what you want) and negative (to "disable" the initial effect, like -3% dodging for 1 point invested in Dual-Wielding).
*note: "disabling" some parts the initial effect (specially damage) may require additional scripting, better to use #1 for it.

You will need some scripting to manage all thoses statuses and for best result better use both #1 and #2.
Nothing too hard, but you'll spend some time to learn how editor works, how scripting works, what is possible and what is not.

If you will have the courage to start - visit larianWiki and search forum for basic info about editor.
There is also a discord channel for modders, you can get some help there if you need it (just don't expect someone to do it for you wink )
https://discord.gg/HsFPKB

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard