Print Thread
#641544 01/02/18 04:06 PM
W
WMC51 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
W
Maybe it's my own fault for wanting gm mode to be as food as it should be.

I was expecting we would get some added features that many in the community have been asking for in tje next big patch but instead it was basically nothing.

A badly needed ui fix that we never should have had to wait for.

Adjusting monster kill xp which as far as I can recall one person mentioned sever months ago and hasn't been issues in any games ive played or seen.

And finally a fix to weapon hi so they scale when you level them
. this is good and Definately something we needed but what we really needed is the items to scale on npcs when we place them them level them up or down.

Maube I expected to much and I'm the only one disapointed by this patch. I was really pushing myself to keep at it thinking they were listening to us.

enthusiast
enthusiast
There just ain't no pleasing some people...

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
W
WMC51 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
W
I admit the issue is probably just my expectations and wanting gm mode to thrive. It still feels like an after thought to.me and that the editor is forced on you.

Just wanted to get others thoughts.

I guess we're still stuck in the fixing bugs state of things.

Last edited by WMC51; 01/02/18 05:40 PM.
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
I was expecting we would get some added features that many in the community have been asking for in tje next big patch but instead it was basically nothing.

You do understand that the top priority for developers would be to fix the main campaign, right? Just look at the patch notes size, it's a lot of effort.
They already did a lot for an optional game mode that most of the players wouldn't even launch once, so I think it's a good thing they are changing at least something. Arena mode wasn't so lucky.
I wouldn't expect significant changes in GM mode until the campaign will be very stable. Or even maybe some dlc or expansion will be released.
Adjusting monster kill xp which as far as I can recall one person mentioned sever months ago and hasn't been issues in any games ive played or seen.

It was a giant issue for me. Sometimes they gave some XP, sometimes not. It was impossible to predict. The only way was to write the XP in special properties (or improvise) and add manually the difference between this value and the value that players will get, after each killed enemy.
The only alternative I saw was ignoring XP at all and adjusting level manually, which completely removes all the reward initiatives and generally feels like a bad auto-balancing.
but what we really needed is the items to scale on npcs when we place them them level them up or down

This would be a good feature, but it's not serious because in most of the cases you won't even equip items on npcs.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard