Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
Hello.

My main character (avatar) was a dedicated summoner but since latest February 1st patch it seems summoning is not what it used to be. I used taunt skill on the summoned incarnate a lot, because it helped me holding aggro and gave me that edge on some fights. Now my incarnate feels a lot less powerful and useful.

And I guess Summoner's bolt still sucks (unreliable) even if its damage was buffed.

What do you think?

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
also the incarnate loses all skills from infusions ... you can only use auto attacks now

but if you are using GOG Galaxy you can easily revert back to the old patch state ... that is what I did

journeyman
journeyman
Just to quote an announcement from the discord channel -

"Hello everyone,

there is a potential issue with the summing of Incarnates since the last patch. If you have disabled "add skills" in the Gameplay options (it´s related to the hotbar), your Incarnate might lack certain skills. We are working on this, but until it is fixed please use the following workaround:

1. Let your Incarnate die.
2. Go to Gameplay Options.
3. Enable "add Skills".
4. Summon a new Incarnate.

This should solve the problem of missing skills.

IMPORTANT: You need to make sure the incarnate is dead before summoning a new one once you enabled the option again."

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
thanks! the workaround works for me

E
OP Offline
E
Thanks for the workaround. Anyway, removing taunt is a biggie for me.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by eLPuSHeR
Thanks for the workaround. Anyway, removing taunt is a biggie for me.

Taunt wasn't removed altogether. It's only removed during the Spawn turn of the incarnate. Which isn't a huge deal since before the patch, the Spawn turn of the incarnate using taunt was almost always useless anyway since you haven't yet burned down their physical armor. Allowing it on the Spawn turn would be to OP.

A
stranger
stranger
A
are you sure?
I tried summoning and my incarnate never got taunt, even after a couple of turns in the battle.
The other skills are there though

veteran
veteran
Is this still a 'not autoadding to skillbar' issue?

A
stranger
stranger
A
well my water incarnate has restoration so I don't think so...

veteran
veteran
So my incarnate never gets taunt as well.

E
OP Offline
E
I have just started a new conjurer and my incarnate doesn't get taunt either, ever. So it seems taunt was completely removed. I am trying to make conjurer useful anyway.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Larian did officially remove Taunt from the summons (it's in a patch note), but I still felt my Incarnate was plenty useful as a damage dealer. He seemed to drop off a bit toward end-game, but it was still among the most efficient 3 AP (summon + infusion) I could spend in a fight.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard