Print Thread
#641762 03/02/18 08:59 PM
N
Norbyte Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
N
Currently the game doesn't have any debug logs, so if something works in the editor but doesn't work ingame it is quite difficult to debug. I've created a tool that generates Osiris debug logs from the game itself, similar to osirislog.log in the Divinity Engine.

Download (v1.0.1): https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/OsirisProxy-1.0.1.zip
Source: https://github.com/Norbyte/ositools

Usage
=====
- Extract the zip file to the game's Bin directory (eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Bin).
- Start the game (either via EoCApp.exe or via Steam); the logger will start automatically and an additional (debug) console window will be shown if all is well
- Osiris game logs will be saved to the My Documents\OsirisLogs\ directory. If you'd like to save the logs somewhere else, change the LogDirectory value in OsirisProxy.json.

To remove the logger from the game just delete DXGI.dll from the Bin directory.

Many thanks for this, Norbyte, I look forward to putting it to use smile

B
stranger
stranger
B
Amazing, love you long time ! ♥

old hand
old hand
This is going to be a huge help when testing, thanks so much.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hey Norbyte. Thanks for making this. I finally got out of the editor today to test some mods in-game, and starting DOS2 with the debug log returns the error "Could not locate global Osiris variables". Perhaps this is from the latest update shifting a few things around?

N
Norbyte Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
N
Yeah, the offsets probably changed a bit. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

N
Norbyte Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
N
Updated version with support for the latest update (v3.0.180.158): https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/OsirisProxy-1.0.2.zip

old hand
old hand
Thanks for the continued support, Norbyte!

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks again for making this Norbyte. It's been extremely useful for debugging why certain things weren't working as expected in existing saves (being able to see what goals are active, what values queries are returning, etc.).

thankyou

I wanted to say thanks for this again, because this tool has saved me countless hours finding the most obscure of bugs.

Not sure how we'd get on without you Norbyte.

Last edited by Ameranth; 02/05/18 09:42 PM.
T
addict
addict
T
Good news: in the Definitive Edition, you can pass the parameter "-storylog 1" to EoCApp.exe to get an Osiris log!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tinkerer
Good news: in the Definitive Edition, you can pass the parameter "-storylog 1" to EoCApp.exe to get an Osiris log!

Whoa! That's fantastic, thank you!

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tinkerer

Woah, neat!

Would it be possible to timestamp the log file, and possibly specify an output folder, perhaps as additional parameters? Currently the log file gets overwritten from each game session.

N
Norbyte Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
N
Hi Everyone,

I've updated the log tool to help with debugging "Could not create a working story" issues.

In addition to creating Osiris logs that log which rules fired and how, it'll create a Compile.log and Compile.div file in the log folder (My Documents\OsirisLogs by default) whenever story compilation fails that contains the story that failed to compile, and the corresponding compiler error/warning log.

Link: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/OsirisProxy-1.0.3.zip

Happy debugging!

Link Copied to Clipboard