Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
It seems more and more I can't seem to have a battle without covering the local area in cursed necrofire.

It wasn't so bad back at Ft. Joy, but once away form the lovely vacation resort, everything is on Necrofire... all the time.

I would love to see Bless be more powerful as a way of negating Cursed Surfaces or simply behaving like curse does now.

Example:
Curse: Most creatures bleed cursed blood (or other) causing every surface becoming cursed. Every time they are hit, the curse renews. The curse even extends from one surface to another. IE: Cursed blood will also curse the fire near it, the oil, the steam, the water Etc...

Bless does not "Cure Curse" nor does it travel from one type to another (not very often anyway). Throw down a patch of fire, bless it, then rain on it. The water doesn't become blessed water.
If a cursed surface touches the water, it goes directly from blessed to cursed, but not the other way around. Cast bless on necrofire and it remains cursed instead of becoming blessed. Even if it were blessed at some point, the next time you attack a voidwoken or cursed critter, its right back to cursed.

This reality of bless taking a backseat to curse causes almost every fight to take place in a battlefield of cursed, mostly into cursed necrofire. This makes Bless a waste of action points and a source point.

A solution would be this:
- Blessing a surface makes bless topdog in the chain order (curse can't override bless).
- Blessing a Player Character grants that character "bleed Bless" and causes "blessed attacks" for the duration of Bless to counter curse. (Blessed attacks would work like fire, poison, air, or earth does on a weapon. is simply does a little extra damage when the weapon is used and negates the "bleed Curse" from cursed creatures).
- Blessing cursed creature (Anything that "bleeds" curse anything) negates the "cursed bleeding" for the duration of the bless.
- Blessing a cursed area "cures" the curse surface and all attached surfaces of the curse returning it to a "Normal" state for the duration of the bless spell (IE: it cant be re-cursed for X amount of turns).

Another solution would be to take bless out of the Source Point pool and have it cost only 2 Action points every 4 turns so that it can be used more freely and more often.
This will allow players to use bless to help control the battlefield effects in a more strategic manner.

F
addict
addict
F
Yes - but I'd keep the source point cost.

Since "Bless" is a "quest skill" in my opinion it shouldn't cost any memory slot. Also this would bring it more in line with "Spirit Vision" and "Source Vampirism".

Afterall I'm a godwoken. It should be my nature to bless stuff, without havin to memorize it.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
old hand
old hand
Haven't even read what you wrote, but pos'd for the topic title, LMAO

Funny how sometimes simple things can be so amusing.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
veteran
veteran
Honestly for me it seems a bit contradictory that bless needs source anyway. Source is more something evil, consuming souls from other living being and so.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
this is something they've sidestepped in every patch, despite it being one of the most common criticisms

i think it's probably because of the storyline's insistence that being able to bless is a sourceror-only thing, so removing its source point breaks story immersion. of course, most of us probably wouldn't care, but i imagine that's why they haven't done anything official, so i can't fault them for it

i do agree that a more lore-consistent alternative would be removing its need for a memory slot. at that point in the game it may as well be an innate skill. how does one unlearn something that a god has taught them? spirit vision and source vampirism don't require memory slots, after all

it would still be a weak spell that is rarely worth using even if that was done, is my main problem

A
stranger
stranger
A
They dont change Bless and Curse beacause you have the abilities and gear to deal with the combat mechanics in most encounters.Only one or two are really tough and you need to nuke source skills and fast.
I played a lot of Divinity Sin 2 to be able to play tactician as normal..The combat system could be better but i guess the devs are learning as all of us do from feedback and mistakes.
It is a good game though and game of the year by far.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard