Prior to the last patch, I've had disagreements with people about certain details in the game. I have come to find that neither side was wrong, but our games, while on the same version, were different. I'm talking about stats. As such, I uninstalled the game, manually deleted the remaining files from the install directory off my hard drive (something I didn't do last time I tried this), then reinstalled the game, and now I'm seeing what they were seeing.

For instance, Encouraged for me was still only upgrading every 7 levels, and it was capping out at 2/2/2/3. Now I'm seeing more upgrades to it, and it's capping out at 5/5/5/7 (I stopped checking it after level 27). Also, Attar of the Blood Rose was only giving me +1 to all stats, but now it's giving me +2.

Other updates, such as to skills, I was seeing just fine. For instance, the recent change to Provoke was present (and very noticeable when used against me). So, I don't know what was and what wasn't updating. Considering I manage a shared spreadsheet that's supposed to be more accurate than the in-game information, I shudder to think how much more bad information I've got on it because my game wasn't updating properly. It took a long time to get all the information that's currently on there.

I had installed The Divinity Engine 2, and was using it to get information for my spreadsheet. It said I couldn't make changes to anything while I was in there, but I wonder if it corrupted the data somehow. I had reinstalled since then, but didn't manually delete files, so I think anything that it broke probably just remained broken. I can't be sure it's The Divinity Engine 2 that broke my game, but it seems a likely culprit.