Next Thread
Print Thread
#642204 11/02/18 01:51 AM
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Hello, I've been trying to create a campaign and realized it would go much faster working with a friend since we were thinking of making our own campaigns anyway. It seems simple at first glance to just create individual scenes or vignettes to send over but I'm not sure if it's even possible to and would like some clarification.

I see in Documents/Larian Studios/DOS2/GM campaigns/CampaignName~ there are folders for vignette illustrations and a level cache which has each individual level, but when sending test levels over to each other it does not seem to recognize any of the new files and I don't see a way how to make it unless I'm missing something obvious.

Is this something that can currently be done? If not, would it be possible for the devs to add a way to make importing scenes and vignettes doable? This would make collaboration way way easier instead of just sending a zip file to each other anytime changes are made.

Thank you

Hi! Yes there is something can be done. Level Cache folder contains all the level data - thats correct but they connected to GM campaign via GMScenes.lsf file where the connection established. If you decide to work together on GM campaign be sure to have that file correct - because if you both creating new levels - you will need to merge the files on your own.

It works pretty same way for vignettes and overview maps. So if you added new vignette (i'm not talking about images) - it will be registered in Vignettes.lsf file so you friend will need to have record in his file as well to see it.

To ease your flow i would recommend to divide work between you guys in following fashion:
"One doing narrative and other doing levels". This way you could just send whole files to each other without messing with manual merging.

Rocks fall, everyone dies
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Thank you for the help!

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard