Print Thread
#643136 06/03/18 01:07 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hey guys!

I hope I am in the right area. So I am new to this side of Divinity 2 and have been dabbling my feet in trying to script a summoning ability to create multiple zombies at once when a zombie boss casts the ability. For the most part, I have it. The zombie gets his turn and summons a zombie on the players. However, the other 4 zombies the spell creates are spawned at the far corner of the level and not within the radius that I selected for the ability.

I've tried messing with the AoEContitions but nothing has worked. Any help would be great! I'll try to provide whatever info is needed.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
There are multiple ways to get this to work. Osiris story scripting, (probably) charScript both would work, and it might even be possible to do that with just the Stats Editor. Whichever way you are comfortable with. For our reference, can you post what you have done on this skill?

It sounds to me that the script neglects to grab/teleport the spawns to the position, but without knowing how you go about that, it's hard to tell.

Projects: Tomb of Horrors: Tomb of Horrors
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Well, I am not a scripter (yet) and have little to no skill at it. I am trying to do this with the stats editor using the AoEConditions part of the skill to add a min / max area that the zombies can spawn in. More than most likely I am doing this completely wrong. I used this in the AoEConditions box:

GetRandomBetween (OUT INT|FLOAT variable, INT|FLOAT 3.0, INT|FLOAT 8.0)

If someone could give me a starting point of where to learn what it is I need to do, that may be more helpful in the long run, as well as easier on you guys. Although I won't turn down someone downright walking me through it lol.

L
L
Hello Selphwraith.

A bit of context on AoEConditions:
A summon skill can, -before- the summon is actually summoned, apply effects to targets in its area.
This area is defined by AreaRadius and the effects by SkillProperties. AoEConditions defines what in the area is a valid target, so in your case you shouldn't even need that entry.

As a general thing, however:
Behaviour script, Osiris script, stats, and other systems do not share syntaxes.

Specifically, GetRandomBetween (OUT INT|FLOAT variable, INT|FLOAT 3.0, INT|FLOAT 8.0) appears to be a syntax you borrowed from behaviour script (an aside: behaviour script would expect you to explicitly state whether you want an INT or a FLOAT, so INT|FLOAT wouldn't work there).

In AoEConditions expects a syntax more akin to what you'd find in e.g. TargetConditions for other skills:
"Character" if you only want the AoE to apply to characters or "Enemy;!Dead" if you want to do something to only living enemies in the area.

But none of that explains why your summons appear in such odd positions.
Can you give us the whole skill entry (and, if you have any scripting that's supposed to react to this, that as well)?

D
D
No idea if this applies to your issue. But maybe it might help.

I recently built out an area that has about h 6-8 zombies that spawn/re-spawn in a hallway. If effect a zombie hoard!

The adventurers have to open a door, but the zombies also have the ability to open the door. creates an interesting random type experience.

Now these zombies were spawned by calling them from a script, when the PC walks though a trigger the zombies spawn, but through the magic of television ( joking) we spawn some zombies who mess up the PC(group).

so your going to need to spawn something. If interested I can share my script on spawning a monster that was inherited by the support of other more pointy headed type that haunt this forum. so it not just my script...

I have really no idea about your requirements. but , hay maybe this could be be your starting point.

Last edited by Detect; 09/03/18 02:27 AM.
D
D
InIT--
DB_IsPlayer(CHARACTERGUID_S_GLO_CharacterCreationDummy_001_da072fe7-fdd5-42ae-9139-8bd4b9fca406);
ProcTriggerRegisterForPlayers(TRIGGERGUID_Monkworks_NorthHall_Zombie_SpawnTrigger_000_9132e55e-7a8e-4c10-a9bc-ec788bae0464);

KB--
/*MOB Spawner NorthHall Zombie 0*/
IF
CharacterEnteredTrigger(_Character, TRIGGERGUID_Monkworks_NorthHall_Zombie_SpawnTrigger_000_9132e55e-7a8e-4c10-a9bc-ec788bae0464)
AND
GetPosition(TRIGGERGUID_Monkworks_NorthHall_ZombieSpawnPoint_000_30e96ceb-7255-4bce-b768-5418347890d7, _X, _Y, _Z)
AND
NOT DB_MonkWorksZombieNH0Database(_)
AND
CharacterCreateAtPosition(_X, _Y, _Z, "CHARACTERGUID_Monkworks_Undead_Zombie000_2f62a479-299e-44e8-9688-8ac78bbce0f0", 1, _ZombieNH0)
THEN
DB_MonkWorksZombieNH0Database(_ZombieNH0);
IF
CharacterDied(_ZombieNH0)
AND
DB_MonkWorksZombieNH0Database(_ZombieNH0)
THEN
NOT DB_MonkWorksZombieNH0Database(_ZombieNH0);

Link Copied to Clipboard