Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1331407074&fileuploadsuccess=1

Hi im new in this post, i came here because i have a problem with my game, in the image (in the link) as you can see the world have generation problems, in the image you can see im nex to the castle, but there´s no wall or even buildings, just the roofs, all my world near rivertown has the same problem (the dark forest and the other city are okay, even the half of the map near rivertown is okey! but i dont know why the other half have this problems) im scared because i have played this for hours and i dont want to lost my progress, in the bug, i can walk and everything but the enters to te caves are gone and i fear that can give me problems in the quests or something in the game history, pls help, i have a minilaptop with windows xp, if somebody know wath to do pls help me!!! :,c

Last edited by vometia; 15/03/18 07:45 AM. Reason: link
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Hopefully someone here with more technical knowledge will answer. All I can suggest is retreating to a prior save, turning off virus protection software, or a PC reboot. I played DD a few times and had a few problems but, nothing like this.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
It looks like game files became corrupted for some reason (HDD/SSD dying can lead to this). Check Your hardware first, S.M.A.R.T. (self-monitoring, analysis and reporting technology) report and so on. After solving hardware problems (if any) check Your operating system for possible damaged files too (sfc /scannow). Update video/audio drivers if new versions are available. Then uninstall the game and reinstall it from scratch. Latest save game can be damaged too so try reverting to previos save (if possible).

Last edited by Tarnum; 16/03/18 01:15 PM.
Larian Studios
Larian Studios

I would guess that somehow the world.x0 file in the save folder became corrupt (keeps track of walls, buildings, etc, and items directly on the ground).
The safest fix would be to revert to the most recent save that is ok.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard