Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
stranger
stranger
Thanks for the reply, I managed to get it to work by completely turning my AV off for a few minutes. I think it was doing some sort of file protection for the "My Documents" folder where the save games were. Oddly enough I tried moving the save folder just to edit the game then move it back, but the loader wouldn't recognize the save game because it was not with game files. Anyways, my AV was weird, and I couldn't find a way to add an exemption for those folders, so this works well enough for now. Still not sure how the editor ran just fine for weeks before this issue came up. Thanks again!

stranger
stranger
Hey guys,
I'm a bit of a programmer, but largely C++, Python, and some others. I haven't touched C# before, but I thought I would take a look at adding Skills to the editor. However I've been unable to get the source to compile. I'm using VS 2015 (and am very familiar with it for C++), and I downloaded and installed .NET Framework 4.6.2.

The SortGenerationList project builds without any issues. But D-OS Save Editor is blowing up. It thinks many of the .cs files are code of some other kind, and complains about just about every line there. Here's a screenshot of it all going wrong: https://imgur.com/a/N3kiE9z

This is my first foray into C#, but I'm hoping this is a simple issue I can resolve to get it compiling, while I learn more.

N
n_b Offline
stranger
stranger
N
Is there a way to get this to work on Linux? I saw a poster was able to get it to work on a VM. I haven't tried that yet, but using Wine I am getting an error when I click "save." Here's photos, I couldn't copy/paste. Thank you.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Hey does this work for DOS2 DE? I locate run the editor and go search the save folder in the search bar of the editor and nothing loads in the table below.

B
stranger
stranger
B
First off, thank you for creating this Editor! It has saved my friend and I a ton of time being able to respec our characters instead of starting over, since we had no idea what we were doing and this was our first playthrough.

My question about the editor is how the items tab works. I have found that I cannot add an item, just see what items are currently in the inventory. However, it seems that only a few types of items can be modified, specifically - Potions, Grenades and Scrolls. In my save this three items can be modified and have values changed, however, all of the other items (Loot, Arm, etc.) are greyed out and I am not able to change the quantity. I was wondering if this was by design or if I have a corrupted editor or save file. I started looking into this to get more sinew (or bow strings) but neither of those items can have their Quantity changed in the Editor. Thank you again for making such a great tool for us to use.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hello! Please, how do I run the editor? I see only one exe file in the archive (generationboostutility.exe), but that does nothing.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Is the thread still alive?
This editor can help resurrect the quest NPC?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard