Next Thread
Print Thread
N
NdranC Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
I recently downloaded the editor to see if I can get into modding but I'm noticing that every time I try to open a dropdown OR view a tooltip on a secondary window of the editor it just hangs for a good 20 seconds.

For example, this doesn't happen on the main editor window when I click File or Edit (both tooltips and dropdown menus work fine) but as soon as I open the Jornal Editor, or the Stats Editor or even the Load Level Browser (essentially any UI that opens on a secondary window) if I click on ANY dropdown inside this window the program will freeze and VERY slowly open the dropdown. I'm talking a good 20 to 40 seconds per action. It will eventually catch up and be fine until I try to open the same or another dropdown or show any tooltip.

This makes it almost impossible to work on the editor. Anybody else knows what could be causing this? Anything I can do to give more information about the problem?

Thanks

N
NdranC Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Welp I needed to format my computer so I figured that would fix it and nope. I still have the same issue. Makes it impossible to use. I don't know if it's because I have an AMD RX Vega 56 or something else but freshly installed computer and it still has the same issue.

I asked a friend that has a very similar computer setup to mine but with a nvidia card and he doesn't have the problem at all. I really can't think of anything else because there is no log error to check.

If someone in the future finds a fix please post a reply to this. I would love to make a mod for this game but as it stands I can't.

N
NdranC Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to edit my previous post so I'll have to keep posting updates like this.

I recorded a video showcasing the problem:

ANY thoughts on what might be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

Things I have tried:
- Launching it in admin mode and/or windows compatibility mode
- Reinstalling the main game, the engine and the data dlc
- Launching it without steam
- Formatting my computer /shrug
- Checking the error log (nothing of importance on it)
- Reinstalled my graphic drivers
- Reinstalled java (some other thread mentioned this) /shrug

Last edited by NdranC; 28/04/18 07:06 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I had an issue where the engine would take about 2 minutes to load my project level selection menu. Never got it fixed, I just dealt with it.

I assume you're pointing the data folder in your settings to the right location?

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard