Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
While browsing the forums, I noticed a lot of people complaining about the armor system (and I share most of their thoughts) to the point where it's become a meme.

I've made a mod, Dual Armor Damage, in attempt to address the issues with the armor system and better facilitate hybrid parties.

The mod works by copying physical damage dealt to magic armor and vice versa (only armor, not HP). There's an alternative version that copies only 50% of damage dealt if this makes your preference, and a link to a mod that increases all armor (player and NPC) by 30% to counteract the swifter armor decreases as a result of this mod.

If you're playing the GOG version, you can still download this mod by using Steam Workshop Downloader Beta. (I have tested this with this mod and it works fine)

I hope you all enjoy, and I'd enjoy hearing feedback.

Edit: Nevermind, someone went and broke the downloader. I've uploaded my mods to Nexus:

DAD
30% Armor Bloat
Divine Rebuild - optional mod for making split damage stats more viable

Last edited by Kalavinka; 03/06/18 09:22 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Hey man! First of all, thanks for all your mods! They are really awesome and unique
Can you upload them to Nexus too? For some reason the workshop downloaded does not work, and so do the SteamCMD, and I REALLY want your mods :)
Secondly, I have a request. I saw your other mod with the equal stat change that summed up all stats and adds them up. Can you make a version where it would take in consideration only half of the other stats?
For example, if I have 18 str, 14 dex, 12 int, it will make it 21 str, 19 dex, 18 int? If you understand what I did there... So this will still make stats different from each other and still keep it as a significant choice to make, while still allowing you to split stat when making a hybrid build without punishing you so hard damage wise...

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I'm afraid I'm having enough trouble keeping Divine Rebuild working as it is and at this point I feel halving values would further complicate things. I'll keep your request in mind, but I can't guarantee it.

More importantly, I've updated the thread post with Modding Nexus links.

Please enjoy!

Link Copied to Clipboard