Next Thread
Print Thread
#646833 18/06/18 07:11 AM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
So, I've read every post and guide related to creating races, but I couldn't figure it out. I'm totally lost looking for some video tutorial explaining step by step or something similar. I've created the folders, downloaded the templates from Larian's Wiki Guide and nothing worked.

What am I missing here? sad

L
L
Can you describe more specifically what you want to do?

Would your new race use the visuals of an existing one?
Do you want for this race to function in the main campaign (it currently has several places where what happens different on the character's race and the game assumes it'll use one of them)?

Are you encountering any specific problems?

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hi, I want to create a Half Orc, using visuals of existing one. Just human with dark/green skin, I want to create it for my GM Campaign. So I've created the folder using this guide (https://docs.larian.game/My_first:_Character_creation_race) but my game won't detect it. Do I need to pak these files? Do I need to do something on DE2?

addict
addict
Hey Avallac'h,

Could you send me the race file you made? I'll try it out and see how to fix the issue.
You can paste it here, or send it to me on the modding Discord. I sent you a message there.

(I'll always post the solution here as well)

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
addict
addict
I updated the Custom Race guide.
Slightly altered some wording and added an extra example file.

Conclusion: Always be sure to have a mod first. The folder can differ from the mod name, if you changed the project name in settings. So you can look at the File Path shown in the project browser (on editor startup) to find the correct location. After that, simply alter the id's and color/hair/... options as explained in the guide.

Sincerely,
Kevin

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 21/06/18 10:06 AM.

CTRL+K the elf

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard