Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#224252 01/05/04 06:26 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

1/ Twice now I got the wrong spoken sentence. From the squishy bits prisoner just before he lava jumps, and a second time where the woman says she has a child chocking on a fishbone (ambush). The written text is correct but the spoken sentence was "You're in the wrong cell..." both times. After reload it was ok.

2/ I have two quests appearing in my questbook for no apparent reason: "Archery Contest", and "Archery Contest: The Great Champion". Not much of a clue to why they did, I might have picked up some Ranaar document or something. IIRC the quests appeared in the room with the two imps (where the very first doll is located)

Cheers

"Gods don't like people not doing much work. People who aren't busy all the time might start to think." T P
Warhammer #224253 01/05/04 09:45 PM
addict
addict
I haven't heard of any bugs like yours... That's all I can say... Maybe something went wrong during install? Maybe you have a faulty copy of the game?

Tovi May Raan refresh you!
Tovi #224254 01/05/04 10:09 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
The first one, maybe.

But I can recreate the second one. I have a manuscript in my inventory clicking on it, spawns those weird archery quests. I will gladly send a savegame to the Larians if they want. No clue what is written on the manuscript, it's Ranaar.

"Gods don't like people not doing much work. People who aren't busy all the time might start to think." T P
Warhammer #224255 01/05/04 10:51 PM
journeyman
journeyman
I also get the archery bug in the same way. I was carrying round the rannaar manuscripts from the start until I could read the language. I had already finished the archery quest as normal when I rearranged my backpack and caused it to reappear in my journal.

Warhammer #224256 02/05/04 11:07 AM
C
stranger
stranger
C
I have recieved the exact same bugs...Don't feel alone.

Warhammer #224257 02/05/04 04:49 PM

1/ Twice now I got the wrong spoken sentence. From the squishy bits prisoner just before he lava jumps, and a second time where the woman says she has a child chocking on a fishbone (ambush). The written text is correct but the spoken sentence was "You're in the wrong cell..." both times. After reload it was ok.

2/ I have two quests appearing in my questbook for no apparent reason: "Archery Contest", and "Archery Contest: The Great Champion". Not much of a clue to why they did, I might have picked up some Ranaar document or something. IIRC the quests appeared in the room with the two imps (where the very first doll is located)

Cheers

Yep, that's a repeatable problem. That manuscript will most definitely give you the Archery quests everytime you click on it.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard