Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
Is there any document which describes all the variables from the Data stats? Like it's done for AI variables:
https://docs.larian.game/CombatAi_Archetypes_And_Modifiers
Some of the Data variables are pretty obvious because of the names, some of them are very confusing. And the comments section is usually empty.

Last edited by JetNLoad; 29/06/18 07:18 PM.
T
addict
addict
T
No such documentation exists either inside or outside Larian at this time. If you have specific questions about certain variables, I can look them up or ask our stats programmer though (and feel free to add them to the wiki then smile ).

J
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
I see. It's a shame since the AI variables documentation is just great smile
Anyway, I'm looking for a way to increase an effect of the Retribution parameter. I found how to change any other but this one. Does it have some different name in Data.txt?
Also, ArmorRegenPercentageGrowth and its MagicArmor counterpart, what do these values mean?
And this one: SkillAbilityDamageToPhysicalArmorPerPoint?

Also, I've found mentions of a bunch of talents that you can't find in-game. Some of them even have requirements, like WarriorLoreNaturalArmor or RogueLoreHoldResistance. Is there any way to enable them using mods?

J
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
Please, nevermind me about Retribution skill parameter. Found it. It got me confused that some skills mentioned as CombatAbility and some as SkillAbility smile

T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by JetNLoad
I see. It's a shame since the AI variables documentation is just great smile

The AI was completely rewritten from scratch for DOS2, and the person who did that was fortunately very diligent in documenting all of those knobs.

Also, ArmorRegenPercentageGrowth and its MagicArmor counterpart, what do these values mean?

When a character is not in combat, is not dead, does not have an incapacitated status, and does not have the NO_ARMOR_REGEN tag, then every frame the character will recover "ArmorRegenConstGrowth + ArgemorRegenPercentageGrowth * 100.0/maxArmor" physical armor points. It's similar for magical armor.

And this one: SkillAbilityDamageToPhysicalArmorPerPoint?

This is the damage bonus to physical armour that you get per point invested in the "Warrior Lore" ability, which I think corresponds to "Warfare". The bonus is calculated by interpreting SkillAbilityDamageToPhysicalArmorPerPoint as a percentage, and multiplying that by the number of points invested and the damage done to physical armour by an attack.

Also, I've found mentions of a bunch of talents that you can't find in-game. Some of them even have requirements, like WarriorLoreNaturalArmor or RogueLoreHoldResistance. Is there any way to enable them using mods?

Those talents are mostly leftovers from DOS1. You can add/remove them with the CharacterAddTalent/CharacterRemoveTalent Osiris calls (or possibly grant them using the properties of a custom item).

Code generally won't do anything when someone gets this talent, but you can react to them being unlocked using the CharacterUnlockedTalent Osiris event and do whatever you want. This allows you to add custom-behaving talents to your mod, even if you can't choose the name. In case you did not know, there's a list of all valid talent names and in many cases also what they do (if anything) on the wiki.

Last edited by Tinkerer; 01/07/18 08:23 PM.
J
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
Thank you for your answers! I really appreciate your help!

J
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
If you don't mind, I have another question about Data variable, named StatusDefaultDistancePerDamage. What it does? I thought it should affect how much damage you would take from statuses like Rupture Tendons, but it doesn't.

T
addict
addict
T
Sorry for the late replay, I was on holidays.

That value should determine how far you have to walk before statuses that damage you by moving (such as, indeed, Ruptured Tendons) do damage. So the lower this value, the more often they should cause damage.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard