Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
I've reported this before, but it clearly didn't take, because there's been a patch months after my report of this problem.

Can you guys PLEASE fix the in combat inventory lock out bug so that the game become somewhat playable again?!

I'm sick and tired of having to switch my characters around to get their inventories unlocked during and after combat. I'm forced to do this several times during a long combat session.

For some reason I lose access to the inventory of characters after a couple of rounds and the only way to get access again is to shuffle the character portraits around, often it take a lot of shuffling to get this to work.

Last edited by Skeptical_Bunny; 26/07/18 05:01 PM.
veteran
veteran
It is annoying, but a faster fix is to quicksave then quickload.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Not always a good option if you're playing Honormode and want to use the save game as an an anchor if things are starting to go south too fast, as in.. "Woops.. These guys are way to tough for my party right now."

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=81518&Number=643712#Post643712
As you can see here the bug was reported 03/15/18. I'm pretty sure it was caused by the patch released right before that date, because I never saw the problem before the patch.

I'm sorry, but I have to say that I'm quite a bit disappointed that this wasn't corrected in the latest patch, a patch with a lot of bug fixes. I do hope you can look at it and fix it really soon.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
And now I'm even more disappointed now that Definitive Edition is out and the bug still haven't been fixed and is in the Definitive Edition as well.

Tell me.. Is D:OS 2 DE going to be like with D:OS EE? Where there's a lot of stuff with D:SS EE that never were fixed that should have been fixed, I reported some of them. Doesn't really make me want to buy the next one, that is, if there were to be a number 3 in this series, or other games from you for that matter, when you keep going like this. I do love the game, I love both games, but still.. It it's making you look bad, because it sure starting to look like you are abandoning the previous games and don't fix the problems with them when you start on the next one.

This was my third report on the problem and there have been two major patches between. Sure it's not a game breaking bug, but it is an annoying one.

Last edited by Skeptical_Bunny; 04/09/18 07:04 PM.
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Here's a screenshot of it occurring in D:OS2 DE.
[Linked Image]
As you can see, it's Lohse's turn, but the inventory is blocked off from use.

Last edited by Skeptical_Bunny; 06/09/18 05:57 PM.
stranger
stranger
There's more people reporting on this on Reddit and Steam (per the bug still being around in DE). It isn't limited to combat.

I can fairly consistently reproduce this issue when using cannibalism as Sebille. IE, if I eat a body part, it locks my main character's inventory, but the other party members are fine. Alt tabbing and zoning don't fix it; I need to completely reload the game.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
No it's not limited to combat, it used to be limited to combat, but now it happens outside of combat too. But it's very easy to fix outside of combat, just closing the inventory and opening it again fixes it.

In combat when one is playing single player it's not much of an issue anymore it seems. It only seem to happen on the ship when the main character is alone (not in a party with other characters) I tried it a few times after my main character joined with others. I dismissed the others and went to pick a fight alone and then it happened again. I don't know if this bug will happen when playing multiplayer with one other player as Lone Wolves. My friend has been a little busy with other things so we haven't gotten to test that out yet.

PS.
Sorry about the large font on previous posts. ...was a bit pissed to see that the bug hadn't been fixed, it even happened on the first time I tried the game after the DE patch.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard