Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
stranger
stranger
E
I would strongly recommend against using straight WINE by yourself. Lutris, Crossover (paid), and Steam all provide much cleaner avenues for running WINE and those tools are built to setup the games in the best way possible (in most cases).

A
stranger
stranger
A
A good hint! up
Albeit I'm not exactly a rookie here, I got e.g. the Mass Effect trilogy working using aqemu* (AFAIK not maintained for some time) and the howto-make-it-work from winehq.org (inclusively winetricks, d/l & installing several MS software etc).

* To actually run the games I needed to use the command line - so staring WINE directly.

Last edited by asmo123; 27/03/19 09:22 PM.
Support
Support
Originally Posted by asmo123
I'd like to add that the (again) not quite friendly (form of) reply does speak volumes.

That is how I generally reply. People contact support with questions or problems, and my goal is to be as helpful as I can, as efficiently as possible. Friendly salutations, etc, can just come off like an insincere form letter, so I skip them entirely. There wasn't anything intended to be unfriendly with the text.

Originally Posted by asmo123
and that they got annoyed about people asking…

I have no Idea how you are reading annoyance into my answer. You had a couple of questions, and I answered what I could. If and until there is an official announcement, I can neither confirm nor deny what projects Larian is working on, or what may be planned.
I've used pretty much the same 'no announcement' reply far more for questions about additional localizations than ports (including Italian, up to a couple days before it was released).
If you don't continue to follow the forum, or Larian's social media, you're more than welcome to check back with support about a possible Linux port. Until there is an official announcement, though, my answer can not change.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Any updates on a Linux port ?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by BarbeRousseLibre
Any updates on a Linux port ?

I bought it at a sale and tried it out this weekend. It runs on Proton without any noticeable problems. But I haven't played for long.

The only strange thing was that I had to execute the following command in the Steam directory of the game:

"mv ./bin ./bin.bak && ln -s DefEd/bin bin && cd bin && mv ./SupportTool.exe ./SupportTool.bak && ln -s EoCApp.exe SupportTool.exe"

So instead of EoCApp.exe the Windows file SupportTool.exe is executed. And with that it works ...

I would like to know what the secret behind SupportTool.exe is. If it wouldn't need this measure, the game would probably run on Linux out of the box. At least that's what many entries on ProtonDB suggest:

https://www.protondb.com/app/435150

I'll have to see when I find the time to delve into the game. But it looks very good.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Anyone got it working (well) with wine? GOG user here, steam is no option...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard