Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
I plan to choose these companions: Fane, Lohse. I kind of wish to play as Sebille or Red Prince, but I don't have slightless clue should Sebille be Wayfarer or Rogue and have no idea how should I play Fane - as a Shadowblade or as a Wizard?

veteran
veteran
We liked to play Sebille as archer/crossbow, Flesh sacrifice gives nice damage boost and if you are not in the middle of the fight it is less risky to lose constitution.

We also played Fane as scoundrel, jack of all trades. Play dead is nice to get your self out of combat, if it gets to heated. Though having an undead in the team can make combat much for challenging, because you can heal him on the same way you heal your others.

old hand
old hand
It's a good idea to have your party members specialize in a wide range of areas, so you can have a good amount of synergy and adapt to different situations, but at the same time, don't try to cover too many areas with one character.

Other than that, we could argue which class would maximize the potential of the unique traits and abilities of each origian character, but worrying about all such details takes some of the fun away if you're new to the game. Just go with what you fancy, tbh.

Back then I had Sebille, Lohse, Fane, and Red Prince. Sebille was my assassin and Red Prince was my front line fighter, because to me those are the kinds of character they seem to be. As for Lohse and Fane, I just had them each specialize in two different magic schools. The only bit of metaknowledge I relied on was that I knew the water and lightning schools have good synergy.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 31/08/18 08:56 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
V
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
It's not my first playthrough.

I kind of wish to do talking + persuade on my main.
I wish to unlock most hidden treasure, so wits on one of them is necessary.
I hate wide skills on most of my party members, I kind of think rogue can do necro+scroundel+poly, but I find huntsman on same character that use daggers and scroundel skills very dislikable.
when it comes to warfare+ scroundel, I find that nonsense thing. I think warfare+necro+hydro makes it decent enough. I see no need for scroundel in this build.
I wish my main can do talking on the ship tutorial + do damage on certain doors without getting his weapons damaged.

veteran
veteran
You can multi-skill to pick the best skills from most skill, like I did or you can try to stay away from it, that is up to you. Battlestomp and Battering Ram are still one of the easiest cc-skills for a mainly physical team and tactical retreat is always handy, same goes for teleport which is an utterly broken skill in general. Though true, a warrior will hardly need scoundrel skills.

For the persuasion stuff a human would be better, because bartering and persuasion help each others in regard of trading, but that is up to you again.

Don't put Wits on the rogue, because he will try to backstab most of the time and therefore does not profit a lot of wits.

If you want to damage door with out getting weapons damaged, you will needs wand, though that might take a while.

V
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
OK so this is my planned party
Me - a female persuasion lizardess - some kind of ranger with point in summoning?
Sebille - ranger, plain wizard?
Lohse - inquisitor/hydro
Fane - rogue/shadowblade

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
i would recommend having only one ranger

using sebille as a wizard is fine, especially if you want to use loremaster on her since elves get +1 loremaster as a racial bonus

fane works well as a shadow blade, i'd recommend spending one or two points on necro to get some lifesteal since healing will be an issue barring whatever poison spells you give your wizard. mosquito swarm and blood sucker both help in this regard too

is lohse going to be doing physical damage while using hydro to heal?

also keep in mind that, since the DE update, summons now receive a bonus from intelligence if i'm not mistaken, so you may want to use summoning on a character you plan to put int points into. it's not a requirement though

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by miaasma
i would recommend having only one ranger

Agreed, even tough there probably isn't anything wrong with it than it feels redundant.

also keep in mind that, since the DE update, summons now receive a bonus from intelligence if i'm not mistaken, so you may want to use summoning on a character you plan to put int points into. it's not a requirement though

You're mistaken. The Totems themselves get the Int bonus, what the caster's stats are remain irrelevant.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
you're right, i'm misremembering

totems were made to scale better into the late game, that was why they changed them iirc. other summons still only scale with summoning then

you can have two rangers, but aside from the redundancy, having two rangers means you have two people who need to stand on elevation doing physical damage. if i'm splitting damage between physical and magic, i don't want both my physical damage dealers in similar positions, and it's also better if at least one of them can take hits

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I am currently using Sebille as Summoner/Ranger Finese build and some points in hydro to provide healing/magic armor restore. Summoning is the main focus. If you want to go for summoner/ranger, I recommend an Elf. You can skip hydro if you want to give it to someone else, however it combos really well with soulmate.

You can basically create any surface for your incarnate you want thanks to special arrows and flesh sacrifice for a blood surface without worrying about turn order. This means you can deal physical or magical damage with your incarnate/totems (or yourself) depending on the situation.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard