Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Why oh why did you feel like adding the whole "Only one can ascend!" to DE trailers? It was not there in original DOS 2 trailers and because I did not play the game, I knew nothing of that ascension, let alone of a detail that only one can ascend. Just that detail alone already foreshadows possible (and let's face it - probable, very spoiler-ish) major end-game conflict or one of them... I didn't need or want to know that from a trailer... Damn it...

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
it at most spoiled you til the first venture in the halls of echoes. where you literally told that there can be only one and you must get rid of others if they'll try to hinder.

I'm not sure how long it'll take you to reach there(it's all depends on your pace), but it's still in the 1st act iirc. not a big deal.

Last edited by SlynxJewel; 03/09/18 03:33 PM.
veteran
veteran
If it's any consolation, that point is revealed about halfway through Act 1.

veteran
veteran
It's one of the reason, why DOS2 lost a lot of its cooperative charme, it forces you to fight each other which was a huge disincentive for my friend and me. And yes is gets revealed early anyway.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
It's one of the reason, why DOS2 lost a lot of its cooperative charme, it forces you to fight each other which was a huge disincentive for my friend and me. And yes is gets revealed early anyway.

Unless everyone really wants to become divine, the game does not force you to do anything. you can either decide beforehand who becomes divine,plot in secret or just outright try to screw your team. makes for some funny situations. The Choice is there.

I have done several playthoughs with friends, and never did we feel like forced to fight each other. not all charaters wants to sit with all that responsibility and power. some may just want to ensure a new divine, then go back to living their lives. again, the choice is there

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gullis
Originally Posted by Kalrakh

Unless everyone really wants to become divine, the game does not force you to do anything. you can either decide beforehand who becomes divine,plot in secret or just outright try to screw your team. makes for some funny situations. The Choice is there.

I have done several playthoughs with friends, and never did we feel like forced to fight each other. not all charaters wants to sit with all that responsibility and power. some may just want to ensure a new divine, then go back to living their lives. again, the choice is there

This. It's your choice. D:OS2 is all about those choices and let's you play as you want.

The first trailer back then said "It's time for a new kind of Divinity!" and "The Divine is dead", so it was always kind of "spoiled."

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard