Print Thread
#649044 05/09/18 08:07 PM
Exar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi,

Black pits, big battle with Gwydion...

Sir Lora just keeps moving in the necrofire.

I tried 4 times to move the main character away, but well, he keeps moving when another enemy come close.

Result? He dies. And he dies.

I have to take AP to heal him DURING THE BATTLE...

ANd finally... battle won... and Sir Lora dies in the flames while I'm speaking with Gwydion.

Seriously, why does the AI keeps moving Sir lora.
Why doesn't he stay away during a battle like any other neutral npc fleeing??

He moves away, then resets back to the Main, then moves away, then reset... and if there is necrofire in his path, 3 minutes after, he is dead.

It's NOT fun.
Especially when you only have a save at the start of the battle (fights number 3 and 4) or a back ago (fight number 2... I had to replay 1 full hour!!!). That battle takes almost one hour with my team (which is not very optimised for it since I have 2 invokers who can't use the totem in the necrofire at the end of the battle).

And edit: for a "full RPG experience" why can't I resurect him???

Last edited by Exar; 05/09/18 08:10 PM.
stranger
stranger
There's mod on nexus that makes him tankier and makes him not walk stupidly into stuff.

https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2definitiveedition/mods/16

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
they do need to fix his AI; he currently will run very far away out of combat, then teleport back to the player he's following over and over again during fights, frequently passing through damaging surfaces repeatedly until death

i managed to get nearly through act 2 without him dying but he inevitably perished towards the end

stranger
stranger
He died at some point in my game and I didn't notice it until much later, so I couldn't even load an earlier save.
He doesn't say anything about it, as if that was not a big deal. Now he follows me as a spirit. Well, if it's not a problem for him... it's not a problem for me.
It seems that in the current state of the game you would have to bend over backwards to keep him alive, so I really can't be bothered.

Last edited by Spookie; 06/09/18 10:59 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard