Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Roach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Yesterday loading save files was fine but today if I load a file my entire inventory is pretty much empty on every character.

There are a few weapons, armor and some useables (Identifying Glass and Repair hammer) still behind (So I assume armor and weapons were not affected) but all quest items, bags, grenades etc all disappeared.

It doesn't matter which save I load, even the oldest save from days ago is still missing the inventory. (And worked fine before). So I assume it is a loading problem rather than saving and that my savefiles are not corrupted.

I assume it was Hotfix 3.6.29.1090 that broke it.

Do others have the same problem?

(Note: Don't know if this is the right section to post it in, so do move it if not)

Last edited by Roach; 06/09/18 12:45 PM.
R
Roach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Okay it is not a save problem it is an UI inventory problem.

It just doesn't display my items while it still knows they are there as evidence to the arrows still in my equipmentbar.

[Linked Image]

R
Roach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Trading displays my inventory just fine.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Roach; 06/09/18 11:18 AM.
R
Roach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Buying items and adding items that are not weapons or armor (And assuming Identifying glass and Repair hammer) will disappear in my inventory again.

But it is not simply that the item does not appear visible as the inventory order is even different as seen in the image below. In trade the sword is first then the bow yet in inventory the bow is shown first and the sword after that.

[Linked Image]

R
Roach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Also note that any item tagged as wares does not show up in inventory and if you tag an items as ware it will disappear immediately.

(I assume that tagging an item as wears changes it's type/replaces it it a wares version as you can't equiped a ware armor anymore)

I would assume this is enough info to know what the problem is but let me know if there is more.

Last edited by Roach; 06/09/18 11:25 AM.
R
Roach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I verified my game on steam and restarted which did not fix the order so I assume it was the hotfix that broke it.

R
Roach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Okay so it seems to be a profile problem of all things.

I used my normal edition profile and created a new character in it, had no problems what so ever until now.

If I create a new profile then the bug isn't there and everything shows up just fine. Yet if I make a new character on the profile with the error the same bug appears.

So I will try and move my save files to a new profile see if that fixes the problem.

Last edited by Roach; 06/09/18 12:23 PM.
R
Roach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Fix:

Making a new profile and then copying all the savefile data to that new profile seemed to have fixed the issue.

So if anyone has the same problem try that and it should work.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Roach; 06/09/18 12:31 PM.
R
Roach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Bug returned on the new profile after killing the "Harbringer of Doom" boss and crafting some resurrection scrolls (I assume it was the scrolls that created the bug again)

R
Roach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Happened again after defeated "The Eternal Aetera".

Deleting the profile config files seems to fix the error so the problem is in one of those.

At least it is quicker then creating a new profile and the likes.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Roach; 06/09/18 09:45 PM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
I have encountered a similar bug on PS4 and currently it's only on one of my characters, Ifan ben-Mezd. The image icons are invisible when the items are placed on his inventory tab. When I move the items on to some other character's tab, the images become visible again. Then if I move the items back to Ifan's tab, the icons are missing again. Hopefully this will be fixed ASAP.

Y

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard