07/09/18 03:52 AM
07/09/18 03:52 AM
T
tonberrian Offline OP
stranger
tonberrian  Offline OP
stranger
T

When I use the mirror to respec companion characters, their portraits change, even when I exit with no changes. The portraits default instead to the default choice from character creation when you choose that origin, which is different than the one used when they are companions.

Re: Portrait Change when using Respec Mirror [PC, DE] [Re: tonberrian] #649142
07/09/18 07:58 PM
07/09/18 07:58 PM
D
Domebuddy Offline
stranger
Domebuddy  Offline
stranger
D

Its been like that since the game first came out. They probably have no intentions of changing that, it's just your mild badge of shame you will be reminded of for essentially cheating.

Re: Portrait Change when using Respec Mirror [PC, DE] [Re: Domebuddy] #649144
07/09/18 08:43 PM
07/09/18 08:43 PM
Midway Through Infinity
Try2Handing Offline
addict
Try2Handing  Offline
addict

Midway Through Infinity
Originally Posted by Domebuddy
it's just your mild badge of shame you will be reminded of for essentially cheating.

Except, in this game it is almost always necessary for at least one respec after Act 1. There are only a few companions, while there's a whole lot of paths for character development. The preset skillset and ability selection for companions when you recruit them are, more often than not, not exactly what you want, or need.

Until they give you the ability to specify *exactly* which skills and abilities a companion possesses when you recruit them, I consider the respec mirror a necessity.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 07/09/18 08:45 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
Re: Portrait Change when using Respec Mirror [PC, DE] [Re: tonberrian] #649154
08/09/18 12:54 AM
08/09/18 12:54 AM
O
Olack Offline
stranger
Olack  Offline
stranger
O

Yea it has been like that before DE as well... I guess they never bothered to fix it.

Re: Portrait Change when using Respec Mirror [PC, DE] [Re: Domebuddy] #649156
08/09/18 01:15 AM
08/09/18 01:15 AM
M
miaasma Offline
enthusiast
miaasma  Offline
enthusiast
M

Originally Posted by Domebuddy
Its been like that since the game first came out. They probably have no intentions of changing that, it's just your mild badge of shame you will be reminded of for essentially cheating.

what a completely nonsensical thing to say

using respec because you felt like changing up your build, or just wanted to take the points off your companions that they started with you had no control over is in no form "cheating"

anyway, i remember them saying a while back that they'd fix it (or even that they HAD fixed it) but clearly it still exists. i think it has something to do with the fact that portraits for npcs, and your recruited companions (which start as npcs) are unique and can't be replicated in the character creator. which is something that kind of irks me about this game, but whatever, i hope they make a workaround soon

Moderated by  Elwyn, gbnf, Larian_Koala, Monodon