Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Hi. I've been trying to create a character behavior script. I've been using the Larian documents as resources and found that the Scripting document and the Activating Scripts document are the most relevant.

However, the [url=https://docs.larian.game/Activating_Scripts]Activating Scripts[/url] doc says to create a script resource and resave my script but it does not tell me how to link that script to the script resource.

So I have a new script resource and a new script but my script's build status still says "not included in build (add it to a script resource to allow building the script)"

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
project-->project settings--->gamescript[...]
you'll see 2 boxes one with available scripts(including the new ones you coded), click your script and click the right arrow to move it to the assigned box.
if your script does not appear here make sure to import it
you go to resource manager, then add a new resource with the + button, add a script file, find your script in that menu. then do the above.

for charecter scripts you then have one more step, find the charecter you plan on having that script run on and select it, in the sidebar look for "scripts" click the [...], then add your script to the charecter.

L
L
I think you may have gone a step too far, Zeth Fox.

As the documentation says. All you need for the script to just build is link it to a resource.

What should happen normally, TecnoBabel, is that when you create a script resource in the resource manager, a standard Windows 'open file' dialog should pop up, allowing you to select the script to which that resource should refer.
Does that not work? If so, what does happen when you create a new script resource?

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Thanks for the help. As it turns out I was confusing the little Add Resource button near the top with the Add Package(?) button. Since I never received an open file dialogue, I slowed down a little at that step and found my mistake.

Thanks again! Now I can build the script.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I am also confuse about how to activate scripts, I never saw some window pop-up to bulid a link or any option allow me to build the link. Do I have to build the script resource under "divinityoriginsin" menu? or should I activate through publish setting? I created new resource package under my mod's fold, imported the script, the script can be successfully build, however, doesn't work in the game.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I am also confuse about how to activate scripts, I never saw some window pop-up to bulid a link or any option allow me to build the link. Do I have to build the script resource under "divinityoriginsin" menu? or should I activate through publish setting? I created new resource package under my mod's fold, imported the script, the script can be successfully build, however, doesn't work in the game.

The problem that I had was that I did not click on this icon when following the steps to activate the script...
Add Resouce Icon

If you haven't done this yet, you won't be able to build the script and it won't work in the game.

Link Copied to Clipboard