Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#649354 11/09/18 03:14 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Woudln't it be awesome if some sort of "Game Master Tools Pack" would be created by the great people in this community? Things that come to mind are:

• Wand of Waypoints.
    This item would allow the GM to create a few waypoints that the "blank" NPCs that should come with this item would patrol.
  • Ring of Emotes.
    This item would allow players (and possessed or targeted NPCs to display the amazing emotes we saw in that trailer a long time ago.
  • Scepter of Effects
    This item would create various effects at the targeted location. Things like Earthquake (camera shake, dust and cracks in the ground), Colapsing ceiling (falling rocks and/or bricks, dust) and various light effects come to mind.

I am sure any GM would welcome such a pack.
Please share your thoughts and ideas!

Last edited by Redunzgofasta; 11/09/18 03:15 PM.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Brilliant ideas! Are these kind of things possible in the DE-editor?

Also, some kind of following or companion thing that makes a NPC follow a player or even make it the players companion.

Something that would make it possible for a GM to select a brunch of NPCs and make them walk to a designated point (like in an RTS).

Fog of war for the players. Please, Please!

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Oh, and Another thing!

Some way to remove XP from players. As far as I know that is not possible today. I have, more than once, given too much XP via some monsters to my players

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by chazzreinholdt
Brilliant ideas! Are these kind of things possible in the DE-editor?

I have no idea. I'm no scripter but a mapper. In NwN I could script just about anything I could imagine, but I have a feeling this game is quite a different beast.
It would be great though if GM Mode got a little bit more love from the scripting community now that scripting has been opened up for Gm Mode.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Would be cool. Also would be nice to have a way to move around entire mobs of NPCs / creatures at the same time like an RTS.

I'm still secretly hoping Larian adds an 'auto-resolve turn' button while possessing the AI in combat. Sometimes I want to just control one or two units while letting the rest play out in a very intelligent / strategic manner controlled by AI 2.0 without having to think carefully about what I do with each one.

Last edited by Shapeshifter777; 19/09/18 07:14 PM.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard