Print Thread
#649475 13/09/18 06:46 PM
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Hello everyone;
As far as I know the Adrenaline skill is ubiquitous in every build ever, and basically everyone buys into scoundrel just for this. Its just too good to pass.
So throw in my humble 2 cents: Turn Adrenaline into a Talent. Something along the lines of "get 2 extra AP for the first turn of the fight.", therefore removing the scoundrel pre-req while still keeping it balanced.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
but why? yes it's true that in a situation where no armor is leading to almost infinite CC and scarce AP economy … ap gaining skills will be very strong. but it's doesn't mean that you need to remove all valuable skills and turn them into talents. it's just doesn't make sense. what's next? teleports and jumps to a talent? firstaid\rejuvenation to a talent? maybe equipping\removing items during combat to a talent?

besides not everyone uses adrenaline on round1.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Adrenaline and Executioner. They are fairly common and I had seen it is used by many players in public lobbies. I would suggest a change:
After using Adrenaline, it is -2 AP for the next round (2nd round) and an additional -1 AP for the 3rd round.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Thanks for your input SlynxJewel, you listed a lot of very usefull skills indeed. Teleport is super strong, and undeniable useful. However, none of the skills you listed are a must have for every build (I keep teleportation scrolls for exemple), since they will take memory slots and are situational. The same cannot be said about Adrenaline, I cannot point out a single case I would pass on this skill.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Grotesco
Hello everyone;
As far as I know the Adrenaline skill is ubiquitous in every build ever, and basically everyone buys into scoundrel just for this. Its just too good to pass.

I don't get it on every character ever. In fact I almost never get it unless I'm planning on making some variation of Rogue. I also don't make every character an Elf because of Flesh Sacrifice even though that's popular too.

It's a choice, not a requirement.

So throw in my humble 2 cents: Turn Adrenaline into a Talent. Something along the lines of "get 2 extra AP for the first turn of the fight.", therefore removing the scoundrel pre-req while still keeping it balanced.

Even if your Talent ditches the downside of "Lose 2 AP next turn", I still would prefer the skill, because I don't usually have a need for 2 extra AP at the start of combat, when enemies are at peak condition. I do usually need it later on at a point where I just don't have quite enough to pull off what I need to do.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
[quote=Stabbey][quote=Grotesco]Hello everyone;
As far as I know the Adrenaline skill is ubiquitous in every build ever, and basically everyone buys into scoundrel just for this. Its just too good to pass.[/quote]

I don't get it on every character ever. In fact I almost never get it unless I'm planning on making some variation of Rogue. I also don't make every character an Elf because of Flesh Sacrifice even though that's popular too.

It's a choice, not a requirement.

[quote]So throw in my humble 2 cents: Turn Adrenaline into a Talent. Something along the lines of "get 2 extra AP for the first turn of the fight.", therefore removing the scoundrel pre-req while still keeping it balanced.
[/quote]

Even if your Talent ditches the downside of "Lose 2 AP next turn", I still would prefer the skill, because I don't usually have a need for 2 extra AP at the start of combat, when enemies are at peak condition. I do usually need it later on at a point where I just don't have quite enough to pull off what I need to do.
[/quote]
Well, it is in fact a choice not to get it, but there is no reason not to. Only if you want to keep it on the roleplaying spirit, otherwise you are deliberatly limiting yourself.

Forcing it first turn is just for the sake of coherence and balancing. As you mentioned, there is no downside (no need for splashing into scoundrel, no lost of 2Ap next turn). It also makes roleplaying sense to get that adrenaline rush as soon as you start a fight.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
the only real classes that need adrenaline are DPS that lack pawn (cuz sometimes they need to move 1 ap and it'll make them unable to do significant actions on their turn. and combo characters (for example right now I play as blood mage in our company and even with elemental affinity and elf I need adrenaline to finish my combo on a round1 (though I think i'll just take glass cannon and ditch scoundrel to get even more damage)

so if you're playing 4 of those characters - no wonder you need adrenaline. our rogue and tank don't need it. they either can wait a turn for a combo in invis or just don't deal significant damage to justify the need to steal ap from the next turn.
besides adrenaline was already been nerfed. it was just +2ap iirc.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Grotesco I think Adrenaline is a perfect example of a skill that is too strong and we've considered banning it in our campaigns along with other problem spells - EXCEPT THAT we really like the strategic element of adrenaline. Choosing when to use it can be tricky at times. As odd as it may seem coming from me (if you know my post history) I actually don't think the correct answer is to ALWAYS nerf things that are too strong. Anyways, for what its worth I think your assessment of adrenaline is correct. I've used it in every single build I have ever made because the versatility of moving AP round is very strong in this game, (and rogue levels never go to waste). Honorable mention Chloroform. Another AMAZING rogue skill that works in every single build.

I think if I were to try to balance it I would apply a slow debuff on the character that had adrenaline sickness. Something minor really.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard