Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
My companion A had Medusa Head and move next to an enemy with zero magical armor.

Suppose companion A move next to the the enemy and it is petrified by Medusa Head (not Petrifying Visage).

Companion B which is a Dwarf, casts Petrifying Touch on the petrified enemy. It take earth damage but it does not have indication that the target is petrified.

Then companion A move away from the petrified enemy. The enemy clears the petrified status.

The problem is that the tool tip of petrified status did not said it is immune to petrified. In that case I suppose the Petrifying Touch could petrify the enemy for one turn.

Edit: Another similar problem:
Suppose the enemy had zero magical armor. Companion A which already had Medusa Head move next to it. The enemy is petrified. Then Companion A casts Petrifying Visage and then move away. The enemy clears the petrifies status.

Last edited by Core One; 15/09/18 11:57 AM.
old hand
old hand
I'd guess that in the case of hard cc's like Stunned or Frozen, the game just doesn't register the same status again. I can't recall if there's any source of hard cc that has a duration longer than 1 turn, so it's hard to verify this. If you throw water at a stunned enemy to apply Wet, then throw more shock damage at them, you won't see them get stunned again. Of course, if both sources have 1-turn duration, then it makes no difference. Also because hard cc's pretty much always have 1-turn duration, so there isn't any problem. Blind and Petrified are the exception because there are aura sources for them, and the duration is not 1 turn.

I think in the case of Blind/Petrified, incoming Blind/Petrified should not be ignored.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 15/09/18 01:39 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
W
stranger
stranger
W
I do think they should make the tooltip a little more clear. I think honestly they should just make it so that status effects with a duration overwrite auras and then when they time out the auras would take effect again but currently it seems the auras are all powerful in terms of dominance. This Medusa Head interaction always bugged me at first but it's been there since early access so I've come to accept it as it is.

In terms of usage I tend to get in close to the targets I want petrified with Medusa Head's aura and let two turns of the aura usage play out and then on the third turn I move out of range so the aura is no longer applied and cast Petrifying Visage to get a third turn of petrification since the range on the cast is pretty large it's easily applied at a distance.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard