Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Guns Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
As part of a mod I am tinkering on, I would like to make it so that certain magic item bonuses can no longer be rolled on items. However, the ItemType/TreasureTable/Boost stats system has me thoroughly confused.

The idea I had was to just overwrite, for example, _Boost_Weapon_Secondary_Initiative_Normal in my mod somewhere, and set a value somewhere so it never gets selected by whatever process determines the random magic item boosts. I have a certain idea how this could work for items (using e.g. DropCount in the TreasureTables), but I can't find what handles the selection of magic item properties once a magic/rare/legendary/divine item is selected from the drop table.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Boosts are applied to items via Deltamod stats, in combination with the values in Shared's ItemTypes stats.

For instance, here's the Uncommon entry in ItemTypes:

[Linked Image]

Notice the entries for "BaseUncommon".

Now in DeltaModifier, you'll see values like these:

[Linked Image]

This is what actually applies boosts to items. In this case, when an Uncommon rarity item is created, it has chances to roll boosts for all the entries in ItemTypes, and then the actual boosts are determined via Deltamods. So if a cloth type helmet gets a "BaseUncommon" deltamod, it receives "_Boost_Armor_All_Armour_Physical_Base" and so forth.

Deltamods of the BoostType "ItemCombo" aren't rolled on by the system, but are for applying deltamods with crafting, or possibly scripting.

G
Guns Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Wonderful explanation, thank you! smile

Am I correct in assuming the Frequency column in DeltaMods determine the odds of a certain boost to be selected? And so if I create a DeltaModifier entry in my mod with the same name and stats as one in the base game, but change the Frequency column to 0, then that boost will no longer be rolled on items?

enthusiast
enthusiast
That sounds about right, yeah. You could also override it and change its BoostType to ItemCombo, which will for sure make it not be rolled on randomly, effectively disabling it.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard