Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dima01 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I have been investigating why Floor 2 of Pyramid of Shadows is completely un-walkable and found that the terrain is the culprit. I have cloned it, I have re generated the AI, I have placed several AI triggers all to no avail. The player gets up to the second floor (basic teleport) and cannot click on the surface of any floor. If the player holds down the LMB to move, they will move back to the stairs, or the closest "Walkable" object (I have a grate that is walkable). This was a sudden phenomenon and I am not sure what is causing it.

I thought it may have to do with a region trigger. nope. All other terrains work aside from that one Floor 2 terrain.

Also, the game crashes when I right click on any locked door inside the Pyramid of Shadows level (Not the village level).

As of now, players cannot progress through my Adventure as they are completely limited on movement. Any resolution to this?

veteran
veteran
I had a similar problem with a level that failed to port probably from classic to DE. It may not be entirely the same case, but I have a few ideas you could try.

Create a new level as a copy of that level, see if the terrain works then. Or mark the terrain and duplicate it by holding shift as you drag it up, then just change the coordinate value to be precisely where the old terrain was. Then regenerate AI. I can't fully recall if that's what solved it for me or not, but I can't immediately think of anything else, so it's my starter ideas anyway.

Dima01 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
This was a sudden issue that did not stem from importing to DE. The whole world was walkable and good to go then suddenly after placing a few rocks and boulders the terrain stopped acting like terrain. I posted the video on the discord channel under mapping. At this point I'm going to have to put up a disclaimer that this is an issue I can't fix and, I suppose, abandon it for now.

veteran
veteran
Regardless, unless you haven't already I'd suggest trying my ideas, as I did see your video on Discord (just was on the road at the time and forgot to get back on it), and it looked exactly like the problem I had. If you open the AI grid and make it visible to you can see where it's rendered, if the grid dips just straight down on that location to a flat surface way below the actual terrain, then that's another sign it's the same problem I ran into. Some of the terrain worked while other parts didn't, so my guess at the time, and still is, is that the terrain had some borked patches.

Dima01 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
So in the video what you see is actually the player walking on a rock bridge that I placed below the terrain (just slightly) and made it walkable. The AI grid shows that the whole terrain is perfectly green and is rendered correctly. In the engine, everything works as intended. The player walks on the terrain as intended. When you get in the game, however, the terrain and AI are not functioning as they do in the engine. Someone suggested that I change the Material ID. I'm going to try that next.

EDIT:

Tried changing material. Negative
Tried deleting rendered AI (from the file) and re-rendering it completely. Negative
Tried to clone the terrain. Negative
Tried to place a template of my terrain. Didn't even show up, or any template for that matter.
Tried painting walkable surface. Negative

I'm tellin ya. This is something really odd. Something the devs absolutely should look into because this might happen to everyone.

Last edited by Dima01; 11/01/19 05:56 AM.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard