Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Desire Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Example of what I was used to:
Everyone is unchained. As I use my "X" character to go from point A to B and open a chest, I just press F1/F2/F3/F4 and use any of my other chars as I want. Both of them do exactly what I asked at the same time and stop when whatever action is done.

What is happening:
Everyone is unchained but nothing can be done at the same time because they keep cancelling each other out soon as I select another party member, either by Fn keys or clicking on their portrait, as if I had press [ESC] or [RMB]. When I unchain my chars is because I want to do different things with them simultaneously, so it really feels like a bug.
---
As I "beat" (forced them to flee) [Dallis the Hammer] & [Bishop Alexandar] @ [Fort Joy], her 2 puppets named [The Hammer's Pet] will just ignore my attacks and depart after Dallis flees instead of entering in combat mode despite my attempts to nuke them with everything I had. I assume this was intended because I remember they were super powerful and if they would get close enough to [Backslash] anyone in my party it was a guaranteed instant death so it kind of makes sense, unfortunately, as I'm tackling the Honor Mode difficulty there's no way to go back and try it in a different way to test it out.
---
As I add skills to memory slots using the [Skill Panel], at first it will maintain the exact order that I added, but after a while if I access the panel again the order is a total mess. This ""doesn't really affect the game play that much"", but, disorganizing the order that the player wanted holds absolutely no benefits, so I think it's also something that should be also addressed in the next patch.

I hope these get fixed soon. Thanks.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
You got it wrong.. They are not acting as if they were chained. When you give a chained character an order to go to a spot it will go to the spot, but when it reach it and you are in control of the character it is chained to and moving that character, then character X will come to the one it's chained to.

What is going on here is that someone decided to mess with a bit of code that they shouldn't have messed with and the result is that when you give an unchained character and order to go somewhere it will go there, but only if you stay in control of that character. If you take control of a different character while the unchained character is moving, then the unchained character will just stop as if the order was canceled. This isn't how it has been.

The way it has been is that you can give an unchained character an order to go somewhere and it will go there no matter if you are in control of it, or not. And frankly.. That is how it should be. The way it is now make everything that has to do with moving individual characters around take A LOT more time and it's tiresome and annoying as hell.

Desire Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the heads up @Skeptical_Bunny, it has been so much time ever since I don't even try to do anything with more than one character simultaneously if they are chained, to the point that I forgot how exactly the chained party works when you change the active character. I fixed my thread's title and added some other stuff that I noticed as I played the game today, I definitely appreciate your post.

This issue is quite annoying and I might in fact just take a few weeks away from the game just to make sure that I can experience something closer to what I played a couple months ago, when I finalized my 2nd Tactician playthrough and moved onto other games, since I have at most only a few hours to play games and then I have to do other stuff.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
After playing a little bit with this I've discovered that the chained characters doesn't behave like they should either.

It used to be that if you clicked on a chained character to go to a spot, then took control of the character it was chained to and started moving that character, then the chained character would run to the spot where you sent it and when it got there and you were still moving the character it was chained to, then it would return to that one.

Now it just instantly stop and go to the character it's chained to. The move order instantly get canceled as soon as you take control on a different character either, if it's chained to another character or not.

I find this issue with the game EXTREMELY annoying as it take so much more time to set up for a fight, and the set up often get screwed up, especially it there's sneaking involved. You have to move every character all the way to it's spot before you switch to a different character. You can't just click "you go there" then take control of a different character and do the same with that one while the first character is moving, because the character instantly stop when you switch character.

Last edited by Skeptical_Bunny; 21/02/19 01:49 AM.
W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Simple fix. Play Classic Edition.

Desire Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So... It has been a while.
I played today for like 10min and the issues seem to be fixed after installing the update 3.6.37.7694.
I can't edit my main post anymore so make sure to tag it as solved or whatever and close this thread.

On a side note:
You must realize that fixing stuff that you broke when messing with the game code is *always* of most importance, the majority of players will never find it was worth to wait for the fix when the delay was due to a cosmetics pack release. Of course some irrelevant players will love vanity shit being added, but most of us are disposed to put some money on your work in exchange of solid updates that won't break the gameplay and actual new content instead of new not-so-creative faces and hairs that will be hidden by our helmets most if not all of the time, I know we can hide the helmet but they just look better any day.
So next time you f-up, which considering the past couple updates, is pretty much granted, make sure to give your player base a little more respect by fixing what really matters as soon as possible and not delaying it for some dumb reason.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard