Print Thread
MaxLevelDiff on Treasure Tables #652071
01/03/19 03:38 PM
01/03/19 03:38 PM
Emrikol Offline OP
addict
Emrikol  Offline OP
addict

I am unable to get this feature to work. I first tried it with vendor treasure tables without success, then I tried it with the treasure tables for a chest (both vendors and chest in Fort Joy). I also even marking 'IgnoreLevelDiff' as 'yes' to see if I could get an item to spawn at a level other than the level of the character or container. Even further, I tried adjusting these parameters on all the parent/children tables involved. Nothing worked. What am I missing?

Re: MaxLevelDiff on Treasure Tables [Re: Emrikol] #652131
06/03/19 03:49 PM
06/03/19 03:49 PM
L
LarIlya Offline
LarIlya  Offline
L

Hi Emrikol.

I'm not sure I understand what exactly the problem is.

Can you be a bit more precise about
- What container you're using
- What treasure table you're using
- What happens
and
- What your desired result is?

Re: MaxLevelDiff on Treasure Tables [Re: Emrikol] #652195
14/03/19 09:13 PM
14/03/19 09:13 PM
Emrikol Offline OP
addict
Emrikol  Offline OP
addict

I am mostly, for now, working with trader treasure tables (e.g ST_Trader_MageArmor, ST_WeaponGenTrader, etc.), though I did try some tests on the locked chest in Fort Joy by the crocs (it uses ST_RewardCombat_Group_1 for its loot table). I am expecting to see generated loot range in level from the level of the chest or chararcter. So, for example, if a level 5 character goes to a trader, I am looking for the items for sale to be in the 4-6 range. Or similarly, if a character opens a level 5 chest, the loot therein will be from level 4-6. By putting -1 in MinLevelDiff and +1 in MaxLevelDiff, I expected the kind of results I just described. But all the generated loot is always equal to either the level of the character or the level of the container, regardless of anything entered for LevelDiff (or even, as I mentioned earlier, if IgnoreLevelDiff is marked 'yes').

Moderated by  Larian_Koala, Larian_KVN