Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm playing on mac with a ps3 controller, whenever certain in-game events occur the game sound frequently stops for 10 seconds to 2 minutes. Often, sound stopping is combined with the video hanging. The sound cuts for 2-3 seconds in the main menu when opening it in "controller mode" (click X to start). In-game the issue happens typically (but not exclusively) in combat/when there is explosion, when my party is idle or just walk with no events, the game runs smoothly. For example at the beggining of act two when my party first encouters Barin Pruitt x469 y42, the game will sounds is choppy whenever the characters have voice over reactions to what happens at the bridge and the video freeze when the camera is suppose to vibrate. The issue only manifest itself when playing with a controller(single player or split screen coop). No problem when playing with keyboard/mouse.

I've experienced this issue on a MacBook Pro mid-2015 and a MacBook Pro 2018 using bluetooth PS3 controller. Both running Mojave 10.14.3. For all the game version that have been released on steam for Mac since launch, currently experiencing issue on Divinity Original Sin 2 version 3.6.36.3440, english language.

Thank you for your help : )

Last edited by TristanB; 02/03/19 12:31 PM.
Elverils/Larian Studios
Elverils/Larian Studios
Answered you in Steam already wink
Anyway - escalated this to Apple will ask for more info from them this week.
Known issue.
Use wired mode or disable rumbling by editing PLIST file (GamePadDefinitions.plist) and remove 'RumbleClass' key with value 'RumbleSixaxis'

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
This solved my issue. Thank you!

For those looking the file is ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Divinity Original Sin 2/Divinity - Original Sin 2.app/Contents/Resources/GamePadDefinitions.plist

Last edited by TristanB; 02/03/19 01:26 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard