Next Thread
Print Thread
#652205 17/03/19 08:30 AM
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Will you guys PLEASE stop messing with things that are working perfectly fine with the game!

As it is now getting turned into a chicken breaks the game. When it's the characters turn that got turned into a chicken the match stops, because... The chicken doesn't do anything at all, it doesn't move and it doesn't end it's turn.

I can't finish the fight against the dwarves in the ruined castle by Wreckers Cave because I have to load, if a character get turned into a chicken, because nothing happens when it's the chickens turn.

If something isn't broken there's no need to fix it....

Last edited by Skeptical_Bunny; 17/03/19 08:31 AM.
Support
Support

Please email supportdos2@larian.com with a save where the game is stuck not ending the turn properly, as well as your save before that fight (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If you are using any mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly for macOS/Finder).

PS4 saves can be sent, as well, but they would need to be transferred to a USB flash drive first.
In the Saved Data in System Storage section of the Settings menu, click Copy to USB Storage Device, select the relevant save(s) and Copy. From there you can zip the files, then copy to email or upload somewhere and provide a link.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
I will send you the savegame for just before the fight, it's honormode savegame and I do not want to make one in the fight because that ruins the one I made before the fight.
But it will have to wait till tonight when I get home from work.

Last edited by Skeptical_Bunny; 17/03/19 04:00 PM.
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Yeah... that's actually going to be a bit hard to produce for you, sorry..

I zipped the savegame that was before the fight and then tried to fix a savegame for you that was when one of them got turned into a chicken so you could see what happens, but... Sebille got killed and when I went back out in windows to restore the savegame before the fight, the zip file was gone, deleted by the game when the game was saved when Sebille died, I tried to save Sebille, but they both ended up dying so... There isn't any save game to send you, sorry. :\ So.. I start over yet again.... *sigh*

LOL I'm determined to finish the game on Honormode, but to be honest.. It's really hard, maybe a little bit too hard, just a tad, tho.

Support
Support

Sorry to hear that. For the bug I'll find a save near there to try to reproduce the problem.

So you zipped the lsv file in the save folder, rather than the folder itself? Otherwise the zip should not have been deleted.

Do you have any recent backups of your my Documents folder, where you may be able to recover an earlier version of the save?

Some versions of Windows have a 'Shadow Copy' feature that can automatically keep older versions of files. You can try right clicking the Profile's Story folder, select Properties and (if available) switch to the 'Previous Versions' tab to see if there are any previous copies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Copy

You could try a file recovery program such as Recuva, but the more you use the computer after files are deleted, the less likely they will be recoverable.
https://www.piriform.com/recuva

For the Steam version, if you had cloud saves enabled, you can check in the Steam install folder, in addition to My Documents, since Steam keeps a copy of the profile and saves there, which it uses when syncing online.

You can check / download / delete online saves for the Steam version with the program Steam Cloud File Manager Lite, but Steam usually syncs when exiting the game, and if not should when restarting, so the online save likely share the fate of the local version. You need to be logged in to the Steam client and have the game's AppID (435150).

https://github.com/GMMan/SteamCloudFileManagerLite

https://github.com/GMMan/SteamCloudFileManagerLite/releases/download/v1.0.0.0-alpha-1/Release.zip

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
No dice, sorry

The savegame I got from shadow copy was too old, was from a different game too.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
If you try to recreate it you might need to have a harmful surface where the chicken turned character is, or ice. In all 4 cases I had of this issue there's been poison, ice, or fire surface where the chicken has been.

Been trying to get it to happen in the soul jar room under Fort Joy, but it doesn't happen there, the character that's turned into a chicken end it's turn instantly when on an ice surface. So it may just be an issue at that ruined castle only.

Last edited by Skeptical_Bunny; 18/03/19 03:35 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I just was about to finish an annoying battle, when my protagonist got turned into a chicken and the game is not unable to continue, to end turn.

My main question with this bug is not about the bug itself, but about why I cannot melee with a chicken!!!

In RPG games we get to fight all sorts of enemies. including rats. rabbits. frogs. why can´t the chicken use bite attack for 1-2 damage and then END TURN after that ?

Do I see some discrimination against chickens ?! that is totally unfair.

Support
Support

Please email supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), and the most recent save before or during the fight before getting turned into a chicken, if available. If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

apprentice
apprentice
thanks for the quick support Raze!

It turns out, since I had to try again, I started with a different strategy, attacking from far away and using lots of "shields up" to avoid the CWGD - Chicken weapon of game destruction.

I actually noticed that two polymorph skills - chicken and medusa head - are very powerful... once I included them in my repertoire, I started spanking some higher level enemies.

Overall, I feel this is indeed a great game, with great combat mechanics, graphics/scenario, skills, versatility for combat and elemental effects, and it deserves all the awards it got.

I sure hope you keep all the excellent improvements I saw in DOS games so far, and join forces with the folks who wrote some of the cool plots and dialogues of Baldur´s gate, planescape torment, etc.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard