Next Thread
Print Thread
#654483 01/08/19 04:11 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I'm assuming this is some kind of issue that has to do with the object's properties not aligning with like items to move it into a stack, but this is something that has been a problem since before the Definitive Edition was released. So busy with work, I've been unable to play much since the release of the Definitive Edition, but after downloading it again several days ago I had hoped this was something that would have been addressed.

It's not a huge problem or anything, but it's frustrating to have slots in my inventory filled with items that should be flowing into a stack.

You can see in the screenshot that some like items will stack, but not all.

Is this just me? Is this intentional?

[img]https://ibb.co/SVLtgw5[/img]

Support
Support

Yes, if there are similar items with different stats, or based on different templates, they will not stack.

apprentice
apprentice
Why you cant Stack "Sleeping bags"? Always same description and same templates.

Last edited by ZeroFerox; 03/08/19 09:47 AM.
M
addict
addict
M
Excited to finally start a playthrough later this year, but I'm amazed the various inventory issues - and in particular this extremely annoying stacking bug - may still be here a full 5 YEARS after I reported it during the D:OS beta in 2014 (http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=485218#Post485218), then again during the D:OS 2 beta in 2016 (http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=593933#Post593933). E.g. there's no reason those six cups shown in the screenshot shouldn't all use the same item template and therefore stack. Really hope all of these inventory issues get fixed in the next patch - cheers!

Support
Support

The bedrolls are not stackable (that is a property set in the item template).

There are actually multiple numbered item templates for empty cups (not sure why). The ones I checked here all stack together, though, and after checking a few saves I couldn't fine one that had multiple empty cups that didn't stack.

If you have a save handy where this is an issue (such as when the screenshot was taken), please email supportdos2@larian.com with it (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If you are using any mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard