Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
What are your thoughts to overall game ambiance and the importance of a quality Character Sheet? One that has a great Portrait, the 3D image of a character (or both) and then has all the 5e Stats in a very nicely presented character sheet that resembles a PnP version? Thoughts?

I love the sheets on DnD Beyond for example, but for a video game probably a bit much, but the look/feel with an old/ancient parchment view could be really cool. Same with spell, item and monster description cards.

stranger
stranger
Owlcat team made pretty good char sheet in Pathfinder Kingmaker game I think. However for BG3 I would prefer sth more dark and ominous in style like e.g. Thief Deadly Shadows vibe.

Last edited by mhroczyn; 07/09/19 09:07 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
One question that popped up frequently while I was playing DOS2 with friends who're less experienced with crpgs is where the character stats come from. Even I had difficulty e.g. linking the number of action points to dexterity.

There is definitely room to improve on that in BG3!

Some suggestions:
* Whenever there's a D20 roll, higher than C, then allow us to click on that X to see more information about proficiency, armor class, ability modifier, etc. This mechanic would greatly improve the amount of feedback from character customization/level up.
* A character sheet in true DnD paperstyle, yeah should be great!
* I don't know about copyright, but having samples from the actual DnD player handbook pop up (with images!) in the character sheet (or lore) would not only be cool, but it would also make the link to DnD even more. It might inspire people to try out the boardgame as well.

Wouldn't it be great for players trying out DnD for the first time, playing BG3 would be a good alternative for reading the player handbook?

Last edited by Lotrotk; 19/08/20 05:29 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard